All applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/careers
JOB OPENS: 11/30/20 - CLOSES: 12/14/20
1. Knowledge of electrical/ignition systems refers to the terminology characteristics, and operation of such components as alternators, batteries, voltage regulators, starter motors, ignition and lighting systems, indicating devices, electronic computer enhanced components, sensors, and starting aids.
2. Knowledge of automotive fuel systems refers to the terminology, characteristics, and operation of fuel delivery systems, and related assemblies, such as fuel pumps, turbochargers, superchargers, inter-coolers, fuel injectors, and the interface of the fuel system with electronic controls.
3. Knowledge of automotive emission control systems refers to the terminology characteristics, and operation of emission control systems as they relate to overall engine operation and performance specifications and conformance to environmental quality regulations.
4. Knowledge of engine systems refers to the terminology, characteristics, and operation of engine valves, piston assemblies, engine bearings, cylinders, cylinder heads, cylinder blocks, crankshaft assemblies, compression ignition, and cooling system.
5. Knowledge of automotive power train systems refers to the terminology, characteristics, and operation of such components as clutches, universal joints, manual and computer enhanced automatic transmission systems, differentials, and drive axles.
6. Knowledge of automotive suspension systems refers to the terminology, characteristics, and operation of standard and computerized/air controlled suspension, and standard and power assisted steering, as well as wheel alignment systems and steering geometry.
7. Knowledge of automotive braking systems refers to the terminology, characteristics, and operation of air and hydraulically actuated braking components such as cylinders, valves, linkage, calipers, sensors ad control modules and anti-lock brake systems.
8. Ability to use technical reference materials and technical manuals refers to reading, comprehending, and interpreting technical information, such as illustrated parts breakdown, checklists, flow charts, electronic media, and schematics.
9. Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions in automotive components or systems refers to a proficiency in observing, testing, analyzing, and isolating sources of trouble in automotive systems or their components, such as electrical/electronic systems, engine, power train, fuel delivery, and suspension and braking systems through the use of appropriate automotive test equipment.
10. Ability to use automotive test equipment refers to the knowledge of, and proficiency with, various types of electrical/electronic diagnostic test equipment, such as voltage/amperage testers (VAT), MULTIMETERS (VOM), test lights, scanners, gas analyzers, etc.
11. Ability to use mechanical test equipment and hand tools refers to the knowledge of, and proficiency with, various types of mechanical diagnostic test equipment and hand tools, such as micrometers, calipers, pressure gauges, etc.
12. Ability to make minor repairs to automotive components or systems refers to a proficiency in replacing parts or making adjustments to automotive systems or their components, such as electrical/ignition, emissions, fuel delivery, engine, suspensions, power train, braking systems, intake, exhaust, and starting aids.
13. Ability to make major repairs to automotive components or systems refers to a proficiency in overhauling or rebuilding automotive systems or their components, such as power train, engine, fuel delivery, suspension, and braking systems.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46,394.00 - $63,674.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our employees safe during COVID-19 we provide surgical masks and gloves.
- Automotive Repair: 1 year (Preferred)
- 2 year or more Driver's License (Preferred)
- Computer literacy
- Mechanic experience
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Cars and light trucks
- Heavy trucks
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible