GENESIS HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
In order to fulfill our Mission of providing Compassionate, Quality HealthCare, all employees of Genesis HealthCare System must be committed to living the Genesis Mission and Genesis values of Compassion, Trust, Innovation, and Excellence. All employees must regard themselves as an "owner" of Genesis and keep our patients at the center of everything we do - always .
Position Details :
FULL TIME EXEMPT
Overview of position:
Manages small and medium scale projects, including analysis, design, implementation. Coordinates activities and provides support throughout the entire system life cycle including project management, requirements definition, analysis, selection/acquisition, implementation, installation, training/education documentation, troubleshooting and technical support to ensure computer applications are designed, implemented, utilized, and managed to provide maximum benefits. Determines project work schedules, monitors performance and progress, resolves schedule issues and other areas of project contention.
1. Coordinates activities and resources between teams
2. Plans and manages the day-to-day activities of teams including prioritization of team activities and meeting plans
3. Ensures integration of system configuration (coordinated design and build)
4. Prepares summary team status reports and reviews with Project Director
5. Conducts weekly project team meetings to discuss project related activities, issues, change, communications, and updates
6. Ensures completion as identified in the project plan
7. Ability to assess and mitigate risk impact to project.
8. Ensure high quality of deliverables as identified through the design, build, validation and in conjunction with the Project Quality Control Team. These include: Activities of one team do not adversely impact activities of another team, changes are combined when appropriate to avoid duplicate effort, thorough testing to minimize problems at go live, and quality deliverables are prepared.
9. Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
10. Manage identified issues by the project team and bring to resolution
11. Escalate to the Project Director issues which cannot be resolved
12. Develop weekly status reports that address outstanding work, issues and risks and reviews with the Project Director
13. Ensures team decisions are made in a timely fashion
14. Follows communication process
15. Promote new system to users
16. Participate in weekly Project Director meeting and
17. Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
18. Promotes an atmosphere open to new ideas and constructive interpretation of events and changes.
19. Quickly and easily adapts to and supports change in technology and the industry.
20. Utilizes best practice project management techniques and methodologies.
21. Remains current on information technology, principles, concepts, practices, and technologies.
22. Provides proactive and effective project management services for all aspects of the project lifecycle.
23. Provides input for process improvement and transformation initiatives.
24. Provides input regarding the implementation and development of components of enterprise-wide integrated information
25. Remains current on all installed and available application software and maximizes the utilization of this software throughout the enterprise.
26. Provides input into the establishment of project quality standards/measures, proactively monitors these standards/measures and modifies the measures as appropriate.
27. Collaborates with other project managers and members of the project management office to provide integrated project management services.
1. Bachelor degree in computer science, business or related program/area or equivalent experience.
2. Three years of information systems and related project experience and a minimum of two years of healthcare industry and/or systems experience.
3. Project Management Institute PMP Certification or obtained in two years.
4. Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
5. Knowledge of ITIL and related best practice standards and methodologies.
6. Strong personnel and project management skills and information systems project/facilitation/technology skills.
7. Possesses an understanding of computer system capabilities to address process requirements.
8. Fundamental project management skills including and understanding of PMBOK standards and methodologies.
9. Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
10. Strong oral/written communication skills and customer service skills.
11. Experience with managing medium and small system selection, system acquisition, system implementation projects.
12. Experience managing system development, programming and system maintenance projects and activities.
13. Experience with Microsoft Office 365 applications and project management tools and systems.
14. Experience with concepts and project and resource management for small to medium size projects and initiatives.
15. Experience with process re-design and process re-engineering methodologies and techniques.
Patient Centered Care & Behavioral Expectations at Genesis HealthCare System:
1. Living the Genesis Mission, Vision and Values:
- Performs work in a manner that is quality focused.
- Treats patients, co-workers, visitors and volunteers with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
- Results oriented and focused on achievement of objectives.
- Acknowledges and responds to the diversity of people and the situation.
- Encourages peers (others) to be owners of change.
- Always makes the effort to anticipate and exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Possesses the ability to engage others with patience and understanding.
- Acts in a manner that creates positive first and lasting impressions.
- Demonstrates the ability to own issues until they are resolved.
2. Patient Centered Care (patients/families, physicians, co-workers, all other internal/external customers)
- Introduces self and role…connects with everyone.
- Communicates effectively (i.e. advising others of actions, pertinent information, time durations, etc.) and asks for feedback.
- Asks for and anticipates needs and concerns of others.
- Maintains a positive work environment for staff and a healing environment for patients (i.e. safe, clean, quiet, etc.)
- Maintains the dignity and privacy of each person; manages confidential/sensitive information appropriately.
- Responds to requests in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Exits patient/customer encounters courteously, asking if there are additional needs that can be addressed.
3. Promotes Patient and Employee Safety
Working Conditions :
- Demonstrates safe Patient Handling (i.e. transfers, transport, care administration, nutrition, medication, etc.)
- Demonstrates safe Materials Handling (i.e. appropriate use and disposal of chemicals, infectious wastes, etc.)
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of Infectious Disease precautions and use of proper protective equipment.
- Demonstrates Slips/Trips and Falls Awareness.
- Actively contributes to maintaining a safe, clean and quiet environment.
T he physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Input and review data through a personal computer (PC)
2. Read, write and utilize manual and computerized systems and documentation
3. Collect data, interpret findings, set priorities and carry out established plans.
4. Regularly lift and/or move 25 lbs.
5. Occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Th is description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Genesis. Genesis is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Selection of applicants for employment is based only on qualifications and the requirements of a specific job.