Our team is currently looking for an experienced Heavy Truck Mechanic/Diesel Technician to keep up our level of commitment to safety and customer service. In this role, the successful candidate will perform truck repair and maintenance work in accordance with factory and industry standards, run diagnostics on vehicles and work closely with other team members to meet company goals. This is a amazing opportunity for a knowledgeable, hardworking individual to apply his or her skills in a family owned company that offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
- Perform minor and major repairs on trucks and trailers
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- 2+ years’ experience or Training Certificate
- CDL License is a plus, but not required
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent reading and writing skills
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test
- Must work well with others
- No Cost Health Care Day One!
- 100% Matched 401k
- Highly competitive salary based on experience
- Brand new workshop and maintenance bays
- A Family owned and growing company (200+ trucks, 400+ trailers)
- Opportunities for advancement
Job Type: Full-time
- Heavy Truck Mechanic: 2 years (Required)
- Peterbilt / Kenworth: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Heavy Truck Mechanic or Diesel Technician (Preferred)
- CDL (Preferred)