This role is responsible for ensuring compliance and coordinating efforts related to TSCA (PMN, LVE preparation/NOC submittals) and DSL compliance. Also ensure that additional regulatory practices are in line with local, state and federal laws. Position will support the Corporate Safety, Health & Environmental team and other Sika locations, with any environmental and safety concerns.
- Primary coordinator for TSCA/DSL compliance in North America
- Prepare all PMN, LVE and NOC submissions
- Point of internal contact for customer inquiries regarding product regulatory compliance matters. (i.e., TSCA Verifications, RoHS Letters, etc.)
- Obtain and maintain compliance information as it pertains to TSCA, DSL, RoHS, Conflict Minerals, and other compliance as needed
- Review pending legislation and preparing impact analysis for Sika Corporation
- Maintain the product file history as required to provide all the product information necessary to demonstrate that products are meeting all pertinent regulations
- Review listings to ensure that all substances in products and raw materials are on TSCA (US) and the DSL (Canada) and other relevant national chemical inventories in North American as well as worldwide for exports from North America
- Ensure imports from raw material suppliers as well as products from other Sika worldwide locations are TSCA and DSL compliant
- Develop a strong working relationship with global team members, particularly the product stewardship team in Europe, in ensuring continuity between regions.
- Classify products under DOT, IMDG, & IATA and coordinating training for our associates as required.
- Be prepared to assist customers and Emergency Response team by maintaining and providing technical literature and regulatory information in case of emergencies.
- Respond to customer inquiries in all regulatory areas.
- Coordinate targeted regulatory & product stewardship audits of our existing systems
- Bachelor degree (BS) in Chemistry, Toxicology or related discipline, plus three or more years of experience in product safety experience in chemical or closely related field.
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Ability to understand and navigate governmental databases
- Critical thinking, reasoning, and problem solving ability are an essential part of this position.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and attention to detail and must be dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers.
- Strong project management skills, a thorough knowledge and working application of environmental and TSCA/DSL regulations and standards.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate ideas and properly describe problems and solutions.
Operations/Production, Quality /Environment / Health /Safety