SMP Welding is seeking an experienced Field Foreman/ Working Supervisor. The Field Foreman will be capable of running projects with responsibility to oversee crew to ensure proper execution of job.
Candidate must have the ability to travel, lead a team, and organize tasks and workflow for efficient, on- time project completion.
Working Foreman / Ironworker Duties/Responsibilities:
- Reviews, understand, and communicates work assignments and plans to the crew/team.
- Plans for and provides the 6 elements of work to the crew/team everyday: Material, Manpower,
Information, Equipment, Environment, and Tools.
- Willing to travel from project to project on an as-needed basis.
- Has a valid drivers' license and is approved to drive company vehicles.
- Meets or exceeds project safety, quality, and profit goals for project activities.
- Has an excellent understanding of OSHA and company safety requirements.
- Has an excellent understanding of the work site equipment, including operating ability, setup and maintenance requirements.
- Work with multiple GC's to represent SMP in a positive manner.
- Monitor and communicate daily production activity ensuring the crew/ team perform at the desired production levels.
- Communicate project progress and project hurdles on a daily basis.
- Able to be flexible with changes in schedule and projects
- Be innovative when working on projects and always be prepared to think of new ways to become more efficient.
- Welding capabilities and certifications preferred. Experience installing stairs, hand rails, and structural steel preferred.
- Leads by example, always professional and always in line with the company's values of Fair and Ethical
Success. Leads the project team to identify, minimize, and eliminate risks associated with project activities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 to $28.00 /hour
- running crews: 3 years (Preferred)
- millwright: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off