Full time and internship
We’re seeking a talented, creative, and dynamic Community Manager to support our rapidly-growing company here in Redmond, WA. You’ll play a key role in developing new marketing initiatives, support the rapid growth of our audience, and create ambitious advertising campaigns.
We expect this intern to help develop new social media strategies, engage the community, reach out to the community, influencers, and alumni to host meetups and community events, and execute email marketing campaigns. You should be analytical, creative, and a team player. You’ll be supported to take risks and tackle big ideas, as long as you can effectively align your ideas to our larger company goals. You should be flexible enough to prioritize your goals in an ever-changing business environment.
- Establish an exceptional and engaging social media presence while maintaining DSD’s voice
- Grow community engagement through live events, social media experiences, webinars, and meetups.
- Curate, create and manage all relevant posting content for our social media platforms
- Monitor conversations across social media and respond to conversations, complaints, requests; discover trending topics, community needs, and interests of our target audiences
- Expand community and influencer outreach efforts to create, collaborate, and generate weekly content for our blog.
- Round up news, job opportunities and other happenings in data science and communicate to our audience
- Discover new technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications to grow our online presence
- Manage and define email marketing programs
- Create, analyze and iterate on key social media and email marketing metrics
- Build and maintain a long-term communication strategy to engage influencers
- Extend corporate social media initiatives & develop global playbooks, best practices & assets
- Establish metrics to measure the value of content/brand integrity, content accuracy and relevance; aggregate data into actionable insights to inform marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, English, Journalism or related field ORcurrent college junior or senior looking for real world marketing experience
- 1 year experience in social media and/or community management ORrelevant internship or schoolwork experience. Personal experience is notapplicable.
- Demonstrated success planning, developing, and engaging a brand community
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of social media networks
- Must have strong communication skills with attention to detail, and are able to thrive in both collaborative and independent working environments
- Strong sense of pride and personal accountability for the end-to-end product/service quality, and completeness.
- Self-starter with a proven ability to work in fast-paced environment; possesses a “whatever it takes mentality,” able to quickly and easily adapt to changing mandates and priorities.
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency around critical priorities, but work calmly, independently and effectively under pressure
- Ability to take initiative is a MUST
- Experience with CRM such as HubSpot, Marketo, Salesforce, Active Campaign, Campaign Monitor, etc.
- Experience with Canva or passion for graphic design
- Experience planning and implementing community engagement strategies
- Part-time, remote work is okay. Full-time is preferred.
Our employees are our strength and we invest in our people. Data Science Dojo provides full benefits to full-time employees including:
- Top-tier health benefits with various plans to choose from based on individual need.
- Vision and dental health coverage
- Paid time-off and sick days
- This role is a full-time on-site position in Redmond, WA.
- We are and equal opportunity employer.
- A unique opportunity to join an exciting start-up on the ground floor.
Send us a cover letter in your application that explains why you’re interested in this role and what unique qualities you would bring to the table.
We work hard and play hard. You’ll be exposed to a challenging, energetic environment while also kicking back with the team on morale events. We have an onsite gym with 24 hours access and a stock of snacks and beverages to keep you refreshed throughout the day.
Please apply now. We are trying to fill this requisition as soon as possible.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
- Social Media Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- CRM: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Graphic Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Community Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Redmond, WA 98052 (Preferred)