Who You Are
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Finance, the Payroll Assistant maintains and process payroll records and reconciliations by preforming the following duties:
What You Will Be Doing
- Assist in the preparations and processing payroll for approximately 500 full-time and part-time employees.
- Maintain and review timecard database also used for payroll (ADP Workforce Now).
- Maintain salary spreadsheets used for payroll.
- Analyze actual salary expense versus budget.
- Prepare analysis around projections for future hires and payroll expense details.
- Prepare analysis around actual payroll activity and the changes that affected the monthly entries.
- Maintain the existing salary budget and modify with updates on actual activity throughout the year. This would be prepared monthly.
- Research and answer questions from staff and management pertaining to payroll and timecards.
- Work with Commission Analyst to review and enter commission in a timely fashion.
- Monitor and maintain employee vacation and sick time accruals.
- Reconcile and review quarterly payroll tax filings with the Tax Compliance Manager.
- Research and prepare outside requests for employment and salary verifications.
- File and maintain employee personnel files.
- Assist with special projects, related to payroll and/or timecards.
- Reconcile and review employee loans with the Senior Accountant.
- Work with the Accounts Payable Team to make sure we prepare monthly expense reimbursements timely.
- Work with the Accounting Team to help process international payrolls.
- Contribute to departmental and interdepartmental teamwork.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Experience We Are Looking For
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or business related field is preferred
- Two to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now or equivalent system is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word are required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.