Miller Transfer & Rigging is a dynamic and specialized flatbed carrier whose main focus is transporting over dimensional freight. We operate in 18 terminals nationwide; mostly east of the Mississippi River. We have the capacity to move freight to Canada and Mexico as well. Miller Transfer was established in 1968. Interested in growing with us? Keep reading!
What we are looking for:
Facilities Maintenance Specialist
What you’ll do every day:
· Service our corporate facility as a part of the maintenance team by inspecting and repairing lights, drains, cleaning restrooms, stocking the lunch room, emptying garbage receptacles.
· Perform all aspects of facility maintenance including PM inspections, some grounds maintenance and facility improvements and repair.
· Snow removal, landscape weeding, mulching and trimming and keeping our sidewalks the parking lot clear. Sweeping warehouses to keep clean.
· Managing and organizing drivers equipment such as tarps, chains and straps.
· Custodial responsibilities, including cleaning restrooms, emptying trash and restocking inventory.
· Any other duties assigned by the Director of Maintenance
This position does require you to lift heavy weight up to 75 pounds, be able to bend, push, pull, and climb ladders.
What makes you successful:
· You don’t mind managing multiple projects simultaneously.
· You enjoy having a full daily schedule that involves a variety of different tasks.
· You have integrity and pride yourself on getting the job done right!
· You have 2-3 years’ experience in a facilities maintenance position I.E. Custodial or other maintenance function.
Why you should consider working with us:
· 2 weeks’ vacation your first full year.
· Excellent health benefits that includes a wellness plan for you to follow, keep healthy and keep your cost low.
· Great home work life balance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rootstown, OH 44272: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Heavy lifting: 1 year (Required)
- English: 1 year (Required)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- Facilities maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location