Safety Professional - Collinsville, IL - Part Time
TekSolv is searching for local Safety Professionals interested in supporting our clients throughout the region. General duties include identifying and correcting hazardous conditions and behaviors; auditing safety programs and policies; conducting safety training; working with managers, department safety representatives, and employees to facilitate the resolution of any issues; and ensuring compliance with OSHA and company policies.
Current project is expected to run September 4th - 30th. 12 hour shifts - looking for a candidate to work 2-3 shifts per week.
Per Diem is not available for these projects.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct incident investigations and review safety procedures to develop and implement improvement strategies.Review accident reports and document accidents using the proper forms and protocols.
- Conduct worker safety training and present safety information to employees and management. Document training and maintain the database.
- Conduct site inspection to identify potential OSHA and safety hazards.Apply knowledge related to workplace hazards and accident prevention.
- Assist in the review/development of safety programs, training materials, and safety contracts.
- Create and review safe job and lockout procedures.
- Conduct research on OSHA regulations and industry best practices.
- Perform industrial hygiene studies. Inspect machinery and safety gear to ensure their proper operation and worker's protection.
- Oversee the installation of safety devices and protective equipment. Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Experience working as a safety professional
- Strong knowledge of OSHA standards - OSHA 30 or higher is preferred
- CPR/First Aid/AED
- Ability to evaluate technical information regarding workplace safety
- Ability to identify safety threats
- Ability to teach peers and subordinates safety skills in a concise manner
- Strong management, leadership, and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
**Candidate will be required to successfully complete and pass a drug and alcohol test as well as a background screening (screening will cover state driving record as well as criminal and federal background check).
TekSolv, Inc. is a dynamic industrial safety company committed to providing high quality customer services and products. We fulfill all aspects of support services in industry and manufacturing while maintaining superior customer service.
TekSolv is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $30.00 to $33.00 /hour
- Industrial Safety: 1 year (Preferred)
- Collinsville, IL (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- OSHA 30 (Preferred)