Puget Sound Energy’s Central Stores department is looking for a Warehouser to join our team!
The Warehouser will receive issue and maintain materials necessary in the operation of the storeroom. Develop a complete working knowledge of all materials and their interrelated use and application. Process and maintain all materials management forms and records by manual or direct entry methods. Maintain a neat and orderly warehouse facility in compliance with all governmental regulations. Be responsible for the disposition of all materials though proper channels. Must be knowledgeable and comply with all Company standards, policies, practices and procedures and State and Federal safety regulations as they pertain to the job. Perform stores functions and other duties as assigned.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
• The duties and responsibilities are performed in a plant or support service environment.
- The position involves sitting, standing, walking, moderate to heavy lifting, moderate to heavy carrying, kneeling, balancing, climbing, reaching, pushing/pulling, and grasping.
- Safely operate heavy equipment and machinery
- Perform minor repairs to tools, equipment and machinery.
- Must be able to work cooperatively, respectfully and patiently with all personnel in a courteous manner.
- Be proactive to prevent errors and accidents.
- Learn functional uses of material and stay current with material changes. Be a source of information to internal and external customers.
- Have strong research, mathematical and clerical skills
- The environmental conditions may include ambient inside temperature and lighting levels. Conditions may also include medium to loud noise levels and hazardous conditions. The environmental conditions may also include daily outside duties subject to inclement weather.
- Subject to storm response and emergency calls during off duty hours.
- The use of protective clothing and/or safety devices is generally required.
- Compliance with all Federal, State, Local laws and regulations as well as Company safety regulations including but not limited to driving, equipment operation, accounting and reporting.
- Maintain a valid CPR/First Aid card, Material Handling Equipment Operator’s Certificate during employment.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s license at all times during employment.
- Progress through the Warehousing step levels through the prescribed method of testing in a timely manner. Work independently with little direction.
- This is an IBEW Represented position and the successful candidate will become a member of the IBEW Local 77. Starting wage is $28.00 an hour.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must have or obtain within thirty (30) days of selection a Material Handling Equipment Operator’s Certificate
- Two years warehousing experience including the handling, record keeping and control of a wide variety of parts, materials, supplies and equipment using a computerized control system.
- Ability to read and comprehend written and oral instructions in English; read and comprehend safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and material identification codes
- Mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide and the ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance
- At least 5 years of warehouse experience showing progressive responsibility
- At least 2 years SAP Material Management Production Module experience
- Proficient in SAP, Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and Outlook
- Experience with barcoding and/or other inventory technologies
- Electric and Gas utility industry experience
- Class B CDL
- Basic understanding of Accounting; how material receivables and material issues affect budgets
- Complex problem solving skills involving issues with many variables.
- AA or Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting, Business, Economics, Logistics, Math, Statistics, or related field
- At least 2 years’ experience operating class 1, 2, 4, 5, and 7 Material Handling Equipment (forklift).