As a System Commissioning Engineer you will be responsible for developing various commissioning documents. You will also conduct field commissioning activities such as lead commissioning meeting, lead and witness functional performance testing and construction inspections. A successful individual should be very familiar with the commissioning process and various mechanical, electrical and building controls systems.
- Develop commissioning documents that include commissioning approaches, commissioning plans, functional performance test plans and commissioning reports
- Write commissioning plans that are specific to different energy measures (ECMs) for ESPC projects
- Write comprehensive functional performance test plans for complex ECMs
- Lead and attend functional performance tests in field
- Write and assemble commissioning reports
- Attend and participate in project and constructions team meetings
- Lead commissioning team meetings, documenting major topics that were discussed
- Identify and report all ECM or project issues, diligently following up on these issues with the commissioning team until the issue is resolved
- United States Citizen with no dual citizenship with any other country
- BS in Engineering
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in project commissioning, preferably for federal ESPC projects
- Professional Engineering and Certificated Commissioning Professional certifications are requested
- Demonstrated experience writing technical and commissioning reports and documents
- Strong knowledge of federal ESPC projects will be highly beneficial
- Very knowledgeable of the Commissioning process with the ability to easily comprehend the projects scope and organize the commissioning activities per the commissioning process
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills with the ability to translate and speak to technical document to all levels involved in the project, both internally and externally.
- Excellent leadership capabilities with the ability to lead a team (commissioning), without using much authority, and encourage and guide team members in the right direction for the project
- Ability to take ownership in the process, while working with others to meet the projects goals and assure the project’s success.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work cross functionally with other groups within the Siemens organizations and project partners to achieve the projects goals successfully.
- The ability to manage conflict, by working with all parties to find successful solutions to issues that may arise throughout the process and is able to facilitate alternatives to find the best resolution to the issue at hand.
Must be a United States Citizen, without ties to any other country, and have the ability to obtain a US DoD or DoE security clearance if later required.