All applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/careers
Job Open: 11/14/20 - Closes: 11/23/20
CDL (A) REQUIRED: Applicants must have a valid commercial driver’s license from the state in which they live. If applicants have an intrastate CDL, they must self-certify to their state that they operate or expect to operate in excepted interstate commerce, as required by 49 CFR part 383.71(b)(1)(ii). Each state has its own procedure for completing the self-certification process, so applicants should seek assistance from their Department of Motor Vehicles or their state’s equivalent, if they are unaware of how to do so.
Applicants must have a safe driving record, and two years of unsupervised experience driving passenger cars or larger vehicles and one year of full time unsupervised experience (or equivalent) driving a 7 Ton or larger truck, tractor trailer, or a 16 passenger or larger bus. The driving must have taken place in the U.S. or its possessions or territories or in U.S. military installations worldwide. A minimum of six months of the required total driving experience must be in a tractor trailer.
Further, applicants must inform the Postal Service of all previous employment as the driver of a commercial vehicle for the past 10 years and complete a Driving Notification and Compliance Certificate. Applicants must be drug free, which requires:
- A pre-employment drug screen and
- Information from previous employers on the positive alcohol or drug tests and refusal to be tested within the prior two years. Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Operates a tractor trailer in conformity with time schedules and in accordance with instructions regarding the route assigned. Or operates a tractor trailer in unscheduled service directed move by move by telephone, two way radio, or through designated supervisors.
2. Picks up and delivers bulk quantities of mail at postal installations, mailing concerns, railroad mail facilities and airports.
3. Ascertains the condition of the tractor trailer prior to leaving and in returning to garage. Reports all accidents, mechanical defects noted, and mechanical failures in the course of the trip.
4. Makes decisions respecting changes in route, in emergency, and makes emergency decisions respecting loading mail or leaving it for later trip.
5. In addition, may prepare daily trip reports, make minor repairs or adjustments to vehicle in emergencies, load and unload mail. And perform other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $23.20 - $31.84 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid orientation
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
To keep our employees safe we provide surgical masks and gloves while working.
- Commercial Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- CDL (Preferred)
- Air Brake Endorsement (Preferred)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page: