***If interested please apply online, at www.birminghamzoo.com***
The Zoo Services Lead is responsible for the cleanliness of the grounds, monitoring of the restrooms, trash collection, parking lot sweeping, and the set up for various group sales events and special events.
- Sets, models and maintains customer service standards and expectations to Zoo Services staff.
- Prepares and distributes weekly schedule of Zoo Services staff.
- Schedules the outsourced janitorial team. Monitors quality based on contractual agreements.
- Monitors department budget. Assists with budget development for area.
- Assists Operations Manager with hiring, discipline, and termination recommendations of Zoo Services staff.
- Inventories and orders the Zoo janitorial for all areas. Ensures supplies are picked up or delivered in a timely manner.
- Trains Zoo Services staff on safe and proper use of all cleaning chemicals and equipment.
- Supervises and assists in daily cleaning of picnic area and trash pick-up as well as cleaning of all Zoo grounds. Sets standards and expectations for Zoo Services staff in terms of Zoo cleanliness.
- Conducts daily morning preparation of Zoo grounds for opening.
- Meets weekly with the Special Event Coordinator and receives direction on the set up, as well as take down, for various Zoo special events to include outside company rentals, all Zoo fund raising events, weddings, etc. Communicates needs to Zoo Services staff.
- Monitors, facilitates and assists with the set-up, take down, and storage of all elements involved in Boo at the Zoo and ZooLight Safari.
- Assists in assembling a parking crew for all major attendance periods (i.e. Spring Break, school field trip days).
- Insures that regularly scheduled maintenance on vehicles assigned to Zoo Services is being maintained.
- Keeps up to date on state and federal safety requirements. Insures all requirements are met.
- Keeps the Operations Manager regularly informed of the progress and results of daily operations for conformity with established objectives, programs and budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree or GED, College preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.
- At least 2 years supervisory experience
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; have high energy and enthusiasm for completion of tasks; possess team building skills; and has the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must have ability to foster teamwork within and across teams.
- Must have a current valid driver’s license with no prior traffic violations (within the last five years).
- Must be First aid/CPR certified.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent