Job Title: Application Engineer
Reports To: Application Engineering Manager
Department: Professional Services
Location: Ashburn, Virginia (Embedded at Client Site)
What Northland Does
Northland is a world-class global security integrator with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Singapore, China and India. We specialize in design, build, integration, and management of high-end Lenel, Software House, S2 global enterprise security systems which include 6 out of 10 of the largest hi-tech companies in Silicon Valley.
We are responsible for single card reader installations in some of the most remote parts of the world, all the way through to the design, deployment and management of large enterprise systems managing up to 300 corporate offices in over 70 countries including datacenters and multi-faceted security operations centers.
With 250 highly trained professionals, all program management, project management, system design, system programming, testing and commissioning is carried out by Northland Controls experts to ensure we deliver the right solution, to the right standard, every time, anywhere in the world. In addition, Northland is supported by a network of over 100 in-country local service partners (LSPs) across the world who partner with Northland to deliver unparalleled world class services to our enterprise customers.
We are trusted to get the job done no matter what. Through word-of-mouth our elite list of customers has rewarded us with phenomenal growth from $1M to $70M in 10 years’. To achieve this, we are always interested in the very best people who share our core values and beliefs and will “do whatever it takes” to enable our customers to realize their goals. We will take on difficult challenges regardless of where they may lead us, and we will always take the most honorable route to get there.
To be the most trusted and influential leader in the industry. By delivering exceptional services across the world, we are determined to continually surprise our customers, the industry and even ourselves while having fun.
- Be Honorable
- Take on Challenges
- Do Whatever it Takes
- Our People
- Have Fun
The mission of the Application Engineer is to Manage Client Enterprise Security Access Control and Video Surveillance Systems and associated systems at assigned client sites globally.
- Manages Client Global Access Control and Video Surveillance Systems at assigned Client sites. Develops and manages the administrative and logistical programs and processes necessary to ensure a consistent, efficient and cohesive Security Systems Program for Client.
- Manages the systems budget to ensure performance meets the contracted standards and falls within the approved operating budget and forecasts. Provide budget forecasts.
- Provides strategies and solutions to address potential risk exposures at high risk sites such as data centers, call centers, and card personalization centers. Stays current with security systems programs and the latest technology solutions.
- Ensures documentation of security systems operating procedures and processes. Ensures security systems staff are in alignment with Client’s Key Controls.
- Manages security systems vendor selections and relationships, performance and escalation protocols.
- Coordinates and administers vendor relations and contractual agreements for regional and global security-related programs.
Coordinates and manages accurate site drawings depicting appropriate security hardware and security controls for offices in the region. Coordinates and manages security projects that impact both Global Security & Safety and the Physical Engineering Support Group.
5 years plus of experience with the following:
- Windows Server System Administration.
- Physical Security Systems Administration.
- Physical Security Systems including Software House C-Cure systems and recent experience with C-Cure 9000.
- IP based Video Surveillance systems including Genetec Video Management Systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to drive results in a multicultural and global environment.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of systems hardware, software and operating systems.
- Proven expertise in working with CCTV, electronic access control systems, intrusion alarms, surveillance and recording systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of low voltage circuitry and basic trouble shooting techniques.
- Certifications in Genetec, Quantum Secure and CCure9000.
- Strong team player, self-motivated and ability to work independently and pro-actively if required.
- Customer focused with strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Open to taking on additional tasks globally as some regional and global travel will be required.
- Demonstrated understanding of Client Key Control 8.0 and the Physical Security Requirements Document.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic financial management and budgeting principles.
- Proven expertise in managing systems emergencies in an efficient and orderly fashion.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks, activities, and events simultaneously.
- Effectively manage security vendors and Security Systems Engineers to ensure and maintain quality customer relationships globally.
- Manage Client proprietary tools to include Viper group (GPHYSSEC) for coordinating Change and Incident requests for Client Data Centers globally.
Job Type: Full-time
- Application Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ccure 9000 (Preferred)
- DvTel (Preferred)
- Genentec (Preferred)