Provide administrative assistance to attorneys and legal administrative assistants to include, but not limited to:
- Act as the initial point of contact and screen all potential clients.
- Conducting potential client intakes and performing conflict checks using ProLaw software.
- Maintaining accurate and current client files, and other means of record keeping.
- Closing client’s files and retrieving closed files upon the request of legal assistants.
- Assist the attorneys/legal assistants with drafting pleadings, correspondences, and client’s financial statements, as well as preparation for trials, depositions, mediations, and closings.
- Properly file pleadings and briefs with the physical and electronic (e-filing) Courts, as well as retrieve documentation through Maryland Electronic Courts, D.C. CaseFileXpress, etc.
- Communicate with the Clerk of the Court, Judges and Magistrates’ Chambers, and various departments in the court system for additional information.
- Assist in the production and request of discovery materials, including issuing subpoenas for financial, medical and employment records, as well as organizing and bates numbering documents.
- Perform calendar management for attorneys.
- Knowledgeable of the attorney’s daily schedule, as well as keeping him or her abreast of the upcoming deadlines and court hearings.
- Schedule and confirm appointments with clients and other parties involved in cases.
- Knowledgeable of the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Other administrative tasks as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)