Lead a team of contract personnel supporting a large naval ship acquisition program. Provide professional services in program logistics, configuration, training, and life cycle sustainment. Identify and create strategies supporting the successful delivery and introduction to service for a new class of US-built warship for an international client. Leverage expertise with industry and military standards, best practices for the integration of all program elements to deliver the required capability, the requirements of ship designated classification society, and the standards of training and certification for watchkeepers. Serve as a key advisor to the program office on achieving the requisite whole ship and system integration leading to certification of platform, system, and crew to achieve safe conduct and transition to operational use. Develop recommendations for development of whole ship curriculum and training schedule integration to minimize lost time and maximize student classroom output throughout the pre-commissioning training program.
- 15+ years of experience with US naval ships and shipboard systems in ship and system configuration management, acquisition, introduction to service, operation, maintenance, life cycle sustainment, and training of shipboard personnel
- Experience with managing fleet introduction of naval ships on build or after major upgrade, including analysis of design and design changes, ship alterations, training and personnel requirements, and identification of how these changes impact crew development and readiness to meet program milestones
- Experience with managing multiple elements of a large, complex program to deliver the required output to cost and schedule
- Experience with supporting the design, construction, development, and review of systems engineering design artifacts, including Concepts of Operations (CONOPs), requirements analysis, interface design, and system architecture development
- Knowledge of the DoD acquisition process, including regulations, directives, and statutes, the Navy’s application of the DoD acquisition process, such as contracting and sea trials, and key naval ship acquisition roles and organizations
- Active Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with Naval Ship Pre-Commissioning Unit
- Experience with US Navy platforms, surface and air-launched weapon, C4I, Sensor, and Electronic Warfare systems, and associated naval training regimes
- Experience with classification and certification requirements for the safe conduct of ship operations at sea and in-harbor
- Experience in a Command or Department Head with Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) or other minimal or lean manned platforms
- Experience with Foreign Military Sales (FMS) programs
- MS degree preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.