Concordia of Cranberry offers what we believe to be the best personal care value in the region, we let our residents focus on relaxing and embracing life. Those in our care receive assistance with daily activities, three chef-inspired meals every day, regular housekeeping and laundry services, an abundance of engaging activities and so much more. We strive to hire excellent people at Concordia - and keep them as well!
The Activity Coordinator is responsible for the overall planning and implementation of the activity program designed to meet the social, physical, intellectual, recreational, and spiritual needs of residents.
- Caring, compassion, and understanding for the elderly
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a long term care activity department preferred
- Activity certification or course completion preferred
- Background in music, art, drama, and dance therapy preferred
- Able to flex hours to accommodate resident’s needs for evening, weekend, special events, and holiday events
- Valid PA driver’s license with excellent driving record
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, coordinates, communicates, and facilitates individual and group activities and sees that there is a weekly activity calendar posted in a conspicuous and public place in the home. Makes sure that the following types of activities are offered at least weekly:
- Gross motor activities such as dancing, stretching, and other exercise
- Self-care activities such as personal hygiene
- Social activities such as games, music and holiday and seasonal celebrations
- Crafts, such as sewing, decorations, and pictures
- Sensory and memory enhancement activities, such as review of current events, movies, story telling, picture albums, cooking, pet therapy and reminiscing
- Outdoor activities, as weather permits, such as walking, gardening, and field trips
- Encourages residents to attend and participate in activities respecting that individual resident participation shall be voluntary, respect the resident’s age and cognitive abilities, and support the retention of the resident’s abilities. Transports residents to and from activities and events within and outside the facility.
- Documents activity attendance, individual visits, level of participation and other information required for compliance with care plans, policies/procedures, and state regulations. Promotes positive family relationships and communications by providing periodic updates on resident participation in activities.
- Participates in activities budget preparation, purchasing needed supplies, and monitoring expenses to stay within budget guidelines.
- Assists with activities of daily living and instrumental activities of daily living as needed to meet resident needs. Assist with other departments as needed.
- Take residents on outing and shopping trips with the use of the company resident van (training provided).
- Decorates the facility for seasonal holidays and events.
- Facilitates Resident Council meetings, documents meeting minutes, and follows-up on any concerns identified.
- Supervises activities staff including interviewing, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, assigning job duties, performance reviews, and recognition.
- Coordinates volunteers to assist with resident programming making sure there is a current, organized volunteer roster and an organized system of documentation per compliance policy.
- Commits to high ethical standards and complies with the Code of Conduct, state and federal regulations, accreditation standards, and Concordia policies & procedures. Maintains confidentiality of resident and employee records and information. Has a duty to report compliance concerns, significant legal risk questions, fraud, abuse, suspected or actual misconduct to a supervisor/manager or to the Corporate Compliance Officer.
403(b)/401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Life Insurance Policy
Direct Deposit, Pay Card, Paperless Pay Checks
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Good Working Conditions
Excellent Staffing Ratios
Vacation, Sick & Personal Days
Discounted Child Care Services on the Cabot Campus
Voluntary Benefits, including: STD, Supplemental Life Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Accident Insurance
On the job training
Employee Assistance Program
Education Seminars and In-services
Employee Activities (amusement parks, professional sporting events, special events)
Tax Sheltered Annuities
Discounted Meal Plans
EOE Benefits and Wages may vary based on facility location.
Minimum hours worked per week/status may be required for certain benefit eligibility.
Job Type: Full-time