Job Summary: Prepares and cooks meals for communities and maintains standards of kitchen cleanliness.
1. Prepares all food according to the menu in a safe, sanitary manner under the direction of the dining services coordinator/manager.
2. Ensures proper preparation, portioning, and serving of foods according to standardized recipes.
3. Prepares quality food products according to standardized recipes and menus.
4. Adheres to all safety and sanitation standards.
5. Prepares food in a timely manner at specified meal times.
6. Responds to community issues or concerns that may occur in the dining room.
7. Follows departmental procedures including sanitation, safety, and cleaning schedules.
8. Follows proper cleaning procedures and storage of all dishes, utensils and cooking equipment.
9. Ensures all food in refrigerator, freezer, and dry storage are labeled and dated.
10. Oversees proper food handling and utilization of all foods to prevent contamination, increase quality, and reduce cost.
11. Suggests menu or recipe changes to utilize leftovers and other supplies.
12. Cleans all food service equipment, kitchen and food storage areas.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Requires knowledge of special diets.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Current ServSafe Certification required.
Obtain and hold any local or state required food handling/supervision/sanitation licenses and/or certifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time