Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary function of position:
The Director, Talent Acquisition will play a critical role in Intuitive’s ongoing growth and evolution as we continue to pioneer the industry of minimally invasive care. The Director will lead the recruiting strategy for our largest business unit, which develops and delivers our products to market. This person will also drive the execution of our strategy through a team of about a dozen recruiting staff, and will partner with HR and senior leadership to meet hiring goals.
This individual will align closely with Product Ops leadership to understand hiring needs and growth plans. He/she will work with business leaders to develop and execute on hiring strategies to overcome barriers to hiring in this tight job market. He/she will manage a team of full time and contract recruiting staff and build infrastructure for the continued expansion of our Product Operations team. This person will be responsible for coaching and developing our full time recruiting staff and designing, implementing and optimizing selection processes focused on meeting business unit and corporate objectives. This person will also create strategies for hiring for new markets for Intuitive and will help to manage existing hiring activity outside the US. This position is ideal for someone with a passion for understanding business needs who excels in leadership, organization, operations, planning and execution.
- Leverage global experience to engage and partner with leadership on their growth strategies across the Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Design, Regulatory and Quality, Project Management, and Clinical Development functions
- Develop strategies to meet Product Operations hiring needs (in Sunnyvale, across the US and beyond), both insourced and outsourced.
- Drive the implementation of high quality, high repeatability, volume hiring practices across the organization
- Understand data associated with hiring success and provide KPIs to leadership to help them track their hiring performance
- Attend senior leaders’ staff meetings to stay connected to business needs and in front of hiring needs
- Work with TA leadership team to define/refine roles, objectives and performance metrics for Recruiters
- Develop collaborative partnerships with HRBPs, Finance, business leaders and other key stakeholders
- Enhance and reinforce a collaborative, engaged, team oriented environment within the TA team with a focus on results
- Keep abreast of industry and market trends and benchmark other organizations on best practices to ensure the most effective tools and resources are being utilized
- Collaborate on the ongoing development, leadership and delivery of training related to effective and efficient hiring practices with a focus on scaling the company
- Become a contributing member of the management team that effectively embodies and promotes the ISI culture and leads the team to do the same
- Manage retained searches as necessary
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in full cycle recruiting, with a focus on hiring for technical positions and a minimum of 8 years in a recruiting leadership role
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Experience leading talent acquisition functions across borders, including teams and strategies
- Strong influencing skills at all levels of the organization
- Open, transparent leadership style with an emphasis on mentorship and developing alignment across the organization
- A partnering, collaborative, communicative, continuous improvement perspective to be applied to cross functional, global problems
- Must be well organized and possess strong problem solving skills; able to manage several programs/priorities simultaneously
- Proven ability to recruit, develop and retain staff
- Must exhibit flexibility under pressure and demonstrated ability to produce results
- Working knowledge of compliance issues relative to OFCCP, EEOC and Sarbanes Oxley
- Experience managing external recruiting agencies and/or outsourced vendors preferred
- Strong understanding of the market dynamics in the Bay Area, especially for technical roles
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.