Various crane and equipment operating in support of construction, maintenance and repair of bridges.
This is a 100% travel position. The ideal candidate will live in Buffalo, Syracuse, or Albany, NY.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all rules and regulations for safety & operations
- Perform general maintenance and repairs on bridges and supporting equipment.
- Set up hoisting equipment for raising and placing structural steel components
- Inspect hoisting equipment for safe and reliable operation.
- Read and understand load charts and equipment manuals.
- Load and unload materials and tools
Full Rate $38.94/hour
You will attend two weeks of training at the Railroad Education & Development Institute in Atlanta, GA. CSX will pay for travel, lodging and meals as required by collective bargaining agreement.
- Construction experience with basic carpentry skills
- Read and interpret structural blueprints
- Obtain NCCCO certification ( National Commission for Crane The Certification of Crane Operators ) with LBC, LBT, TLL
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- NCCCO certification with LBC, LBT, TLL
- 5 years crawler and friction crane experience
Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications
- -both general and technical)
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Heavy work, lifting up to 70 pounds occasionally and up to 100 pounds on a rare basis
- Stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/balance/climb on an occasional basis
- Climb ladders and/or scaffolding and weigh less than 300 lbs.