Somerset Hills YMCA is seeking safety focused lifeguards to work in our two lap pools and recreational family pool. You should be a leader that is quick to respond and ready to protect our members. You will learn life skills such as multi-tasking, time management, organization, and how to effectively handle difficult situations. Imagine going to work each day knowing that what you do will make a difference in the lives of others.
Not Certified? Visit our website for certification information: https://www.somersetcountyymca.org/programs/adult/skills-training. We are currently offering up to 100% reimbursementof the class fee if successful and employed by us for 30 days. Class must be completed by 10/31.
Part-time benefits include:
- Free adult YMCA membership to encourage a healthy spirit, mind, and body
- Discounts on YMCA programs
- Access to Retirement Fund
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Supportive community
- Minimum age of 15
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen
- Current YMCA or ARC Lifeguard or equivalent
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness
- Emotional resiliency and cognitive abilities to carry out job responsibilities
- Ability to establish and maintain appropriate professional relationships
- Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with individuals and groups respecting social and cultural diversity and to maintain appropriate boundaries
- Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards
- Maintains active surveillance of the pool area.
- Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Completes related reports as required.
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area. Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
- Walks the perimeter of the pool scanning the bottom before taking over the lifeguard stand.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
- Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action.
- Attends all staff meetings and in-service training.
- Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
HOURS AVAILABLE: Preferable if you are available for our opening shift at 4:45am Monday - Friday. Various daytime and weekend shifts are also available.
Somerset County YMCA is a drug free work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome all applicants who share our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour
- ARC Lifeguard Certification (Preferred)