The primary purpose of this position is to ensure a
quality dining experience by greeting by seating
residents and guests, overseeing dining room staff and
maintaining a pleasant and clean dining environment and
in accordance with current applicable federal, state,
local regulations and with our established policies and
Dining Room Functions
1. Assists cooks in daily operation of the Dining
2. Provides supervision for special functions.
3. Coordinates staffing schedules to ensure staffing
requirements are met on a daily basis.
4. Assigns wait staff to designated sections and all
staff to appropriate side work.
5. Ensures smooth and timely opening of the dining
room, including the facilitation of the pre-meal
6. Actively assists wait staff and bussers , which
includes filling shifts and working on the floor.
7. Greets and seats residents and guests.
8. Inspects side work and closes dining room.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions,
follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism.
Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government
agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able
to work with ill, disabled, elderly, and emotionally
upset people within the facility. Must be able to speak,
write and understand English in a manner that is
sufficient for effective communication with supervisors,
employees, residents, and families.
Supervisory experience in food service required.