The Retail Store General Manager
is responsible for managing their store according to established operating policies and procedures in order to maximize sales, customer service and associated productivity levels to meet the Company's financial objectives.
- Supervise the Assistant Manager, Sales Manager, Inventory Manager, Lead Associates, Store Receiver, Framer (if on staff), and Sales Associates.
- Contact and meet with current and potential House Account customers on a regular basis, process House Account orders, maintain and develop customer relationships as outlined by the National Sales Manager.
- Drives revenue by ensuring associates are providing our customers with outstanding customer service, helpful product knowledge, building individual customer relationships and handling all customer contacts in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Regularly reviews and monitors all aspects of inventory management including Vendor Direct Orders, Special Orders, Min/Max changes, PDA Adjustments, Weekly Cycle Counts, Store to Store transfers, returns to D.C., RTVs, shipment processing and shipping discrepancies.
- Maintain a regular routine of maintenance and housekeeping to ensure safety of associates, customers, and protection of company assets.
- Coordination of merchandise set ups, visual compliance, promotional signage compliance, layout changes, and ability to implement and maintain the store as set forth by Blick Management.
- Shift supervision, including opening and closing the store, managing payroll, creating weekly schedule, staff tasks and duties assigned on a daily basis.
- Provide input to the District Manager concerning customer needs, new products, competition and pricing.
- Implement local marketing initiatives at store level while ensuring compliance to National Marketing programs.
- Interviews, hires, trains and evaluates all associates to ensure continual development of staff.
- Understands and manages the store financial performance utilizing the annual budget and monthly Profit & Loss statements.
- Timely processing of inter-company communications and forms, payment of bills, and payroll reporting.
- Ensure compliance to all Dick Blick Company Policies and Procedures, loss prevention initiatives, and operational controls.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.
- High School Graduate, college preferred but not required.
- Three years of previous retail management experience or one year of employment with Dick Blick.
- Willing and able to relocate for future promotions if required.
- Minimum of two nights per week. Must close Friday and Saturday at least one weekend per accounting period, minimum of one Sunday per accounting period.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 Lbs.
- In order to be considered for promotion the individual must be able to consistently exhibit the following criteria over at least 2 consecutive years:
- Superior sales performance throughout career.
- Demonstrate an ability to recruit, develop, and supervise personnel for the store.
- Computer literate, including Microsoft word and Microsoft excel.