The County of Nassau is seeking candidates for the position of Deputy Budget Director for Revenue and Capital for the Office of Management and Budget (OMB)
This position supports the OMB Budget Director and the Deputy County Executive for Finance in accomplishing the goals of the agency, including superior financial management, budget transparency and accountability.
- Support the Budget Director in all revenue and capital related activities
- Supervise a staff of four budget examiners; Manage all areas of revenue and capital including:
- Tax Revenue Forecasting
- Fees and Fines
- State and Federal Aid
- Grants Tracking, Monitoring and Reporting
- Capital Planning
- Capital Borrowing
- Oversee the preparation of the tax revenue forecast in support of all OMB publications, including the Monthly County Budget Report, the Preliminary and Final Annual Budget Summary and Supporting Schedules, and the Multi-Year Financial Plan.
- Assist in the development, forecasting and review of existing and new fees and fines;
- Manage the tracking and monitoring of State and Federal aid funding streams, including developing revenue maximization initiatives;
- Develop and Implement Grant tracking, monitoring and reporting for all categorical and discretionary/competitive grant funding; Identify new grant opportunities;
- Administer the capital planning process and debt management function;
- Prepare and present information to budget monitors and oversight agencies
- At least 5 years of experience in revenue forecasting, public financial management or a related field, including at least 2 years of supervisory experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred;
- Excellent communication skills
For consideration, please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Nassau County Residents Preferred. Benefits package and NYS Pension.
PERSONNEL CHOSEN FOR MERIT AND FITNESS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, MARITAL STATUS OR ANY OTHER NON-MERIT FACTOR
Job Type: Full-time
- revenue forecasting: 5 years (Preferred)
- supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)