Ensure that we have the healthiest, most productive honeybees on the planet working for Barkman Apiaries.
- You receive instructions from your Unit Manager and complete the assigned tasks.
- You open hives gently and carefully, always using a smoker, ensuring the Queen is safe.
- You work at a steady, efficient pace and occasionally get stung by bees.
- You adapt according to the always-changing schedule of the bees.
- You lift up to 50 lb. honey supers.
- You are knowledgeable about bees and understand the "why" behind each task.
- You can work independently and be responsible for an assigned helper to work with you.
- You are punctual, flexible and attentive to safety, especially when driving or operating equipment.
- You are a good listener and consistent in following standard procedures according to your instruction or training.
- We work until the job gets done — this sometimes requires late nights or early mornings to move, load and unload bees.
- Even on the hot, muggy days, we work hard and have fun while working as a team.
- Potential travel 5-7 months out of the year with possible relocation.