Team Rubicon is seeking a people focused, mission driven extrovert to support the growth & development of our volunteer leaders in the Northwest Territory and geographic focused area of Colorado. The perfect candidate prefers to wear silkies, work boots, and gloves on a worksite by day, and keeps a spare suit in the car to attend donor events by night. The person filling this position will manage Colorado operations including the recruitment, onboarding and development of volunteer leaders in the territory, oversight of hundreds of events, coordination of training pipelines, and monitoring and response for field operations. This leader must possess expert communication and management skills while offering a critical eye for process improvement and innovation.
As a full time Northwest Associate, you'll be working alongside, for and in coordination with volunteer leaders and Greyshirts. Your direct supervisor will be a full-time employee, while your peers and leadership team are volunteer leaders who strive for perfection so we're prepared to kick disasters in the teeth when they come our way.
Team Rubicon has a unique culture that requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world, and smart enough to have a chance. Every day is a challenge, but every month brings new opportunities for an organization that is quickly becoming the best disaster response organization in the world.
Only the most awesome candidates should apply. Period.
- Manages the full-cycle leadership lifecycle including recruitment, onboarding and development of volunteer leaders.
- Responsible for building state and city level volunteer leader teams focused on rapidly responding to local disasters.
- Supports functional execution in the areas of communications, field operations, planning, logistics, and membership including supporting the following areas:
- Brand standards & awareness, social media, press releases, and newsletters
- Operational planning, training calendar development, field execution
- VOAD and Emergency manager relations and mission planning execution
- Membership engagement, data analytics, and operational mobilization
- Gear cache management, procurement, and equipment maintenance
- Trains and mentors volunteer leaders on our technology, communication platforms and volunteer management systems
- Whips through databases and spreadsheets to identify & provide key performance indicators, metrics and other useful information that will support regional growth, inform decisions and define the regional strategy
- Develops and refines regional processes and guidelines to create an effective and efficient day-to-day operating environment
- Represents organization to local and national donors, partners, and sponsors
- Develops annual and quarterly vision, goals, and objectives and leads volunteer leadership teams in the execution of development strategy.
Minimum Experience and Background
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Personnel management
- Event planning and coordination
- Coaching and performance management experience
- Conflict management
- Project management guru with a proven record of defining project scope, identifying resources, managing and delegating tasks, keeping timelines and communicating relevant updates to stake holders
- Natural self-starter with a demonstrated ability to use data and intuition to analyze and inform decisions
- Demonstrated experience leading, managing and communicating with remote teams
- Experience & knowledge of Team Rubicon's disaster response history and capabilities
- Preference goes to military veterans or current volunteer leadership
- Volunteer management experience required
- Built To Serve: authentic connection to Team Rubicon's culture and mission, as demonstrated by (1) empathy for others and (2) passion for service
- Trust & Respect: openness to feedback, respect for the opinions and differences of others, and tendency to assume positive intent
- Leadership: ability to guide, motivate, inspire and develop others
- Builds Effective Teams: finds and attracts the right talent to meet the org's needs. Good judge of talent using demonstrated techniques and expertise. Closes gaps and forms teams with an appropriate mix of styles, perspectives and experience to optimize team's effectiveness. Creates a feeling of belonging and strong team morale. Shares wins and rewards team efforts. Fosters open dialogue and collaboration among the team.
- Cultivates Innovation: pushes the status quo: moves beyond the traditional ways of doing things, coming up with useful ideas that are new, better or unique. Introduces new ways of looking at problems (old and new). Encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation, building excitement in others to explore creative options. Moves ideas into implementation.
- Interpersonal Savvy: relates comfortably with people across levels, functions, culture and geography. Acts with diplomacy and tact. Builds rapport in an open, friendly and accepting way. Builds constructive relationships. Picks up on interpersonal and group dynamics. Engages input from others and listens with empathy and concern.
- This is a full time, remote position based in the Denver, CO metro area and provides a flexible work schedule that includes some weekend support (relocation expenses not provided)
- Candidate must have a schedule that allow for late night leadership meetings/video conferences multiple times each week
- Local Travel: Reliable transportation is required. The person filling this position will be expected to travel within the region to support ongoing efforts
- Other Travel: Air travel to support broader organizational efforts & conferences will be required at a minimum of 1 – 2 months of each year