Global Atlantic is one of the fastest growing companies in the Life and Annuity industry.1 We are focused on the U.S. retirement and life insurance markets with a broad range of annuities and life insurance options, as well as reinsurance solutions. Our success is driven by competitive, innovative product designs, leading investment management and integrated risk management, along with highly experienced leadership.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
1 Based on LIMRA reports for companies with more than $250 million in annual sales, 2012-2016
The Commercial Real Estate Associate joins a dynamic investment team in a company that prides itself in investment sophistication. In this role, the CRE Associate will join our team to focus on new loan origination in our New York office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct financial analysis and underwriting of multifamily and commercial real estate investments
- Generate cash flow models for all transactions using Excel and Argus; calculate equity returns, distribution waterfalls, and loan covenant tests where applicable
- Conduct market research and lease analysis
- Collect, qualify, and analyze competitive quotes from various capital sources
- Complete sensitivity analyses
- Create internal and external investment and finance packages
- Perform due diligence for property and joint venture partner (where applicable)
- Oversee the details of the closing process for transactions
- Support loan surveillance and CMBS market surveillance
- Assist with special projects including, but not limited to presentations, reporting, investment product research, and RFPs
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of three years relevant experience in the real estate investment/finance industry
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Argus
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and business writing skills
- Strong cash flow modeling skills
- Highest level of personal integrity, ethical standards and judgment
- Strong personal initiative and desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment
- Able to be highly productive in a fast paced, transaction-oriented department
- Experience with various debt products including CMBS, mezzanine and permanent financing
At Global Atlantic, enjoy a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, with a focus on pay equity and flexibility. We are proud to support work/life balance with flexible work arrangements that meet individual and business needs. A casual dress code, above-average paid time off, parental and military leave, adoption assistance and tuition reimbursement are just a few of the extra perks that make Global Atlantic a great place to work. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs.
In New York, we actively partner with the Red Hook Conservancy, Girls who Invest, and The Bowery mission. Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels like they can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. We encourage qualified applicants from all demographics to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.