Maintenance Technician - Property Management Job Summary
We are currently seeking a full-time Maintenance Technician to help oversee a large apartment community located in Milwaukee, WI. The Maintenance Technician will perform routine maintenance duties to include; rough and finish carpentry, painting, equipment and facility repairs. Electrical and plumbing repairs will also be performed. This is a full-time position requiring regular attendance in accordance with Metropolitan Associates’ attendance policy, valid driver’s license, and a reliable vehicle as frequent travel is required.
We are offering a $500.00 hiring bonus for qualified Maintenance Technicians!
About Metropolitan Associates
With approximately 4000 apartments in more than 30 choice locations, we offer a variety of apartment homes, as well as outstanding service and experience. We are a full-service company, consisting of market-rate and government-subsidized apartments. Metropolitan Associates is one of the largest and most experienced owners and managers of government-subsidized housing in the State of Wisconsin.
Maintenance Technician Job Responsibilities
- Maintenance Technician responds to management, staff, and resident maintenance requests and quickly executes performance of requests
- Perform inspections of all apartments, buildings and common areas
- Report and/or performrepairs as necessary and complete necessary paperwork
- Maintains tools and maintenance equipment to ensure they are in good working order; keeps maintenance room in neat condition
- Maintenance Technician performs electrical, heating, and plumbing repairs including: Basic electrical ability, changing outlets, fixtures and breakers. Basic HVAC knowledge of boilers and forced air furnaces. Basic plumbing such as changing out faucets, re-piping, replacing toilets, replacing sinks and unclogging drains
- Carpentry background to include, installation of doors to include interior and exterior cabinets, subfloors, countertops, installing shelves, hooks, or closet rods
- Basic roofing skills such as tarring stack pipes, vents and patching
- Assist in preparation of vacant apartments for new residents, including; carpentry work, drywall, painting, staining, and other necessary repairs and improvements
- Perform maintenance work at different locations as required
- Available to respond to emergency calls when on-call after hours
Maintenance Technician Job Requirements
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Physically capable of lifting 50 pounds unassisted.
- Experienced in operating a variety of equipment, including circular saw, drill, jig saw, electrical tester, hand tools, power tools, cordless tools
- Valid Drivers License.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
Maintenance Technician Position Includes Excellent Benefits Package Such As:
- Medical/vision, dental and life insurance plans
- 401(k) plan.
- Paid holidays.
- Vacation and personal days.
- Sick leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Technician: 2 years