SPECIAL EVENTS ATTENDANT (Part-Time/Seasonal)
The Preservation Society of Newport County seeks a part-time special events staff. Events season roughly matches tourism season (April-October) though events occasionally exceed this range. Work shifts are dependent on event timing, and can range from early morning to late night.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist the Director and Supervisors of Special Events in the setup and breakdown of events, including the placement of tables, chairs, and audio-visual equipment.
- Provide assistance to guests, contracted services (i.e., caterers), public safety representatives and PSNC employees as requested, with a focus on conduct and courtesy.
- Assist with the cleaning and maintenance of PSNC structures and grounds in relation to Special Event functions.
- Maintain Special Events vehicles. This entails routine cleaning of interior and exterior and checking engine fluid levels.
- Maintain Special Events equipment and furniture – cleaning and minor repairs.
The Special Events Staff has several roles, the most important being the successful operation of events on the properties of the Preservation Society of Newport County.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to communicate clearly with and professionally with customers, vendors and PSNC staff
- Ability to read, count and write legibly in order to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to consistently arrive at work on time and ready to begin duties.
- Valid state-issued motor vehicle operator’s license
- Lifting requirements of 40-45 pounds on an occasional basis.
Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
Job Type: Part-time
- United States (Preferred)