Director of Business Development covering MI/MN/WI
Prefer candidate to live in one of the following states MI/MN/WI
Candidate must have healthcare background and previous sales experience a plus.
This job description/performance evaluation is a record of the essential functions of the job. It provides the employee, administration, human resources, applicants, and other agencies with a clear understanding of the job, where it fits in the organization, and the skill and work requirements in relation to other jobs. Jobs are always changing to some degree and the existence of the approved job description/performance evaluation is not intended to limit normal change and growth. The facility will make reasonable accommodations to otherwise qualified individuals who are capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Bachelor's degree in related field with related communications/marketing experience. Master's degree is preferred. Minimum of three to five years of full time work as a marketing representative, nurse liaison, or public relations experience is required.
1. Develop and implement effective marketing plans for reporting facilities achieving budgeted census, patient mix, referral, and contact objectives timely and appropriately.
2. Maintain appropriate statistics and generate report(s) as required by the hospitals' policy and procedures in addition to the Facility Administrators.
3. Communicate with physicians/discharge planner/social worker/other referral sources as needed effectively.
4. Conduct sale's calls on existing and potential referral sources to maintain a constant flow of referrals and perform problem solving as necessary.
5. Follow - up on internal and external problem(s) as related to referral/admission process to ensure rapid solutions.
6. Actively identify and follow-up on opportunities to increase profitability, efficiency and market share.
7. Maintain knowledge of and effectively promotes programs and internal resources.
8. Actively and regularly communicate with the Admissions and Marketing Staff to facilitate timely relaying of information planning and problem solving for all facilities.
9. Assist with updating, revising, formulating related policies and procedures with assistance from each Facility Administrator as appropriate.
10. Review and provide written analysis of denial tracking on a monthly basis to Facility Administrators and recommend plan of action.
11. Develop and maintain system and/or procedure to increase and maximize inpatient to outpatient conversion rate as appropriate per facility.
12. Review and provide written analysis of referrals and admissions by Medical Director, Hospital, and payer source with recommendation and action plan.
13. Monthly review and analysis of marketing contacts with recommendations and action plans provided to each Facility Administrator and Regional Marketing Director.
14. Monitor and assist with admission/discharge procedure.
15. Conduct meeting with assigned Marketers/Nurse Liaisons regularly, with a minimum of a monthly meeting in person or by phone.
16. Visit referring hospital(s) with current Marketers/Nurse Liaisons a minimum of once per quarter.
17. Review and monitor Director of Business Development tracking report monthly for each facility.
18. Submit and review Marketing Contacts and conversion rate(s) weekly with Facility Administrators.
19. Exhibit diplomacy and team building skills in accomplishing responsibilities.
20. Actively develop a customer service orientation with each facility's staff and employees.
21. Participate in Department Meetings for the purpose of education, skills growth, program planning, evaluating the quality of patient care and department functioning.
22. Effectively, ethically, and professionally promote RHC at conventions, seminars, professional meetings.
23. Actively schedule and conduct presentations and tours of the facility to referral sources, professionals, and family members.
24. Participate in community activities that promote the facility service(s).
25. Actively implement new ideas to promote facility and the service(s) provided.
26. Ensure consistent marketing of facilities is implemented - this is including newspaper advertisement, television advertisement, etc.
27. Actively implement community events that promote the facilities and a needed community service.
28. Maintain membership in and regularly attend meetings of rehabilitation organizations, long term acute care organizations (if applicable), insurance groups, and related professional organizations.
29. Maintain and promote good public relation(s) with community by actively participating in opportunities to promote and market RHC.
30. Assist in initial and ongoing training of rehabilitation liaisons.
31. Assist in developing marketing employees/nurse liaisons to achieve career objectives.
32. Assist in supervising an effective territory management plan that promotes the achievement of individual performance goal(s).
33. Oversee provision of required reports and the facility marketing plan development and strategic planning on a timely basis for each facility.
34. Participate in management training and development.
35. Provide support and assistance to staff during illness, resignation, and/or vacation.
36. Attract highly skilled people.
37. Empower and involves others.
38. Accurately appraises the strengths and development of others.
39. Build high performance culture through continual coaching and feedback.
40. Model and foster open communication between departments, teams, and individuals.
41. Focus on the patient/customer.
42. Translate strengths into clear and measurable objectives and practical action plans.
43. Align and focus the organization and allocates appropriate level of resources based on the priorities.
44. Implement and sponsor change.
45. Build positive relationships based on respect for others.
46. Demonstrate a helpful positive attitude.
47. Maintain effective communication with peers, medical staff, patients, visitors and families.
48. Exemplify integrity and good judgment. Understand and abide by the Standards of Business Conduct.
49. Take personal responsibility for actions.
50. Demonstrate motivation and take action without being asked.
51. Act independently to complete job duties and goals.
52. Generate and champion ideas that will have a positive impact.
53. Meet and exceeds quality expectations of internal and external customers.
54. Work well with others.
55. Continually seek to improve services.
56. Follow through on requests and issues in a timely, professional manner.
57. Anticipate, take responsibility for and respond to the needs of internal and external customers.
58. Demonstrate a strong commitment to confidentiality.
59. Meet organizational and departmental standards regarding quality of performance.
60. Participate in performance improvement programs as directed.
61. Follow all facility guidelines outlining standards of attendance and punctuality.
62. Responsible for reporting and completing work at assigned times.
63. Demonstrate an awareness of and adherence to safety and legal requirements with an emphasis on maintaining a safe environment for all persons.
64. Report any accidents, injuries and unsafe equipment and conditions to supervisor by the end of the shift.
65. Immediately report, and correct, if possible, unsafe conditions or equipment.
66. Comply with relevant regulations and standards and policies governing safe workplace environment (OSHA, JCAHO, etc).
67. Maintain current knowledge of all aspects of the facility's safety program by attending safety-related training, as mandated, upon hire and thereafter as required by facility.
68. Accept modified work assignments, after receiving the physician's release to return to work, following an accident/injury.
69. Follow the prescribed/recommended treatment by treating physician(s), after an accident/injury.
70. Utilize equipment in a proper and safe manner; broken or faulty equipment is reported to the department head.
71. Participate in required in-services and educational programs on an ongoing basis.
72. Attend BLS training on due date.
73. Attend in-services.
74. Attend annual safety in-service on scheduled date.
75. Perform other duties as assigned.
If you are a current