Do you enjoy providing top rated customer service? Are you enthusiastic to help children? Do you want to be part of an all-star team that is providing a valuable resource to the community? We have one opening for Library Assistant – Children’s Services at the Cuyahoga Falls Library. The position is part-time (20) per week.
The Cuyahoga Falls Library mission is to connect people with the world of ideas, information, and imagination by providing access and professional guidance to resources that inform, entertain and enrich.
This position assists in accomplishing that mission by:
- Providing information and reader’s advisory service in person and over the telephone.
- Assists in creating and executing children’s program and events.
- Assists and instructs the public in the use of the library’s collection and equipment.
- Assists with the development of the children’s collection
- Conduct preschool and other community outreach initiatives
- Acts as a mentor by connecting patrons and staff with information, tools, and resources to pursue their passions
- Bachelor’s degree required, MLS degree preferred
Essential Functions/Knowledge of the Position
- Performs information desk duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Enthusiastic about excellent customer service for internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of children’s literature and other resources for young people
- Knowledge and experience in literacy development, reading instruction and STEAM
- Cooperative, flexible, optimistic, and positive attitude.
- Enthusiastic about serving young people and other customers.
- Work well independently and as a team member.
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Team Work
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time positions approximately 20 hours a week. Days and hours of work vary by schedule. Evening and weekend work will be required as schedule demands.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.61 /hour
- Monday (Preferred)
- Tuesday (Preferred)
- Wednesday (Preferred)
- Thursday (Preferred)
- Friday (Preferred)
- Saturday (Preferred)
- Sunday (Preferred)
Hours per Week: