At City Seeds, a Humanim social enterprise, you’ll perform meaningful work and find the support and training it takes to grow as a professional. Our mission is to develop the best culinary job opportunities, cultivate the savviest food entrepreneurs, support the finest local food businesses, and have the most delicious social impact in Baltimore. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees, including paid time off, medical insurance, and tuition reimbursement. Humanim is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. Pre-employment drug and screening and background check is required. All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
City Seeds Assistant Cafeteria Service Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the dining facility for the Freestate ChalleNGe Academy located at Aberdeen Proving Grounds when the Cafeteria Services Manager is not on site. The goal for this position is to coordinate food service operations, ensure food safety, and ensure the cleanliness and sanitization of the facility while on shift.
A. QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· 3+ years of food industry experience, including food prep experience and management experience. High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
· Must have ServSafe Certification.
· Must have valid driver’s license.
· Background check required by contract.
· Ability to manage the kitchen, deliveries and inventory control of all products.
· Familiarity with state and local food health & safety requirements.
· Working knowledge of current office equipment and computer programs, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
· An operational mindset with excellent written and verbal communication skills, a go-getter attitude, detail oriented, problem solver, creative thinker and people person.
1. Manages shift food serving and cleaning duties for this food production contract.
2. Assists in the preparation of food, according to approved menus.
3. Sets up food on serving lines and serves meals and drinks.
4. Monitors food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food in order to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
5. Keeps kitchen, including appliances, cabinets and all inventory, organized and clean.
7. Receives food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents in order to verify product quality and quantity.
8. Can perform and train staff on facility opening and closing procedures.
9. Provides proper coverage ensuring that the facility maintains customer service standards and team members adhere to meal policy.
11. Monitors compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation, serving, storing and dining facility.
12. Follows and directs team members to follow policies, procedures and adhere to cleanliness standards.
13. Promotes and practices safe work habits, reporting potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies and team member incidents to Cafeteria Services Manager.
14. Tastes products on a per shift basis for quality assurance. Report all feedback to Cafeteria Services Manager.
18. Arranges for equipment maintenance and repairs.
19. Performs & ensures effective and positive communication amongst all team members.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Must be able to stand on feet throughout the shift, with intermittent periods of walking.
· Must be able to occasionally lift, carry, push and pull up to 50+lbs with assistance.
· Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
D. Agency Cohesiveness
1. Participate in agency activities and departmental team meetings.
2. To maintain continuity, 30 days’ notice must be given upon resignation.
E. Other Duties as Assigned
1. Participates in the organization’s continuing learning on issues of racial equity and equity in general.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $34,500.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Food Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location