- Software Development
The Sr. Software Engineer will be performing Specification, Design, Coding, Testing, Documentation in the areas of Development and Maintenance.
- Design, Coding, Testing, Documentation in the areas of Development and Maintenance
- Ownership of assigned software and non-software deliverables
- Liaison with Business Analysts and/or internal / external customers to ensure that requirements are understood
- Production of accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the required level of detail in the timescales as defined by the PM
- Production, preparation and execution of unit test plans
- Production of efficient and fully documented code
- Production of supporting technical and installation documentation for internal and external publication
- Achievement of agreed productivity targets in order to ensure developments are delivered within budget, to schedule and to defined quality standards
- Completion of all necessary software and non-software components in the timelines as defined by the Project Manager
- Works with little supervision from project or line manager
Quality and Adherence to Standards
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Tech Specs, Code and/or Unit Test Plans produced are all in line with the Traceability Matrix/Functional Specification
- Ensure all work is reviewed to ensure adherence to the relevant development standards
- Peer review and sign-off of others work
- Timely and accurate reporting of project status as required by Line or Project Manager
- Production and revision of accurate detailed estimates
- Escalate product issues and suggest product improvements
- Escalate all issues in a timely fashion
- Mentor junior team members in best practices and standards
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant combination of training and education
- 6 plus years of technical experience in software development.
- Expertise with C# MS Development
- Expertise with JSON/Restful-based web service design and development
- Experience with information technology data standards including XML, XML Schema
- Understanding of cloud-based SaaS architectures – involves designing elastic solutions, distributed state, availability, scalability, etc..
- Experience with Objective C a plus
- Adept in Object Oriented Design.
- Experience with full lifecycle development and using Agile methods.
- Experience with multi-tenant SaaS based solutions a plus.
- Experience with healthcare systems and technology a plus: Care Management, HL7, HIE, IHE, CCD.
- Excellent analytical, design and troubleshooting skills and server side debugging skills.
- Excellent research and analysis skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and tenacious when tackling tough technical issues.
- Ability to work closely within a team and collaborate with others.
- Ability to handle conflict, difficult situations, and urgent issues in a professional manner.
Netsmart provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at Netsmart will be based on performance, qualifications, abilities, education and experience. Netsmart does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Netsmart complies with any applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.