No Film School is the leading website “by filmmakers, for filmmakers.” We publish the latest news, tutorials, interviews, and videos to help our readers become better filmmakers — “no film school” required.
We’re currently looking for a part-to-full-time UI/UX Web Designer with a passion and interest in the filmmaking and video content creating community.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide graphic design, support, and oversee their implementation on a range of projects including blog posts, SEO feature posts, social media, downloadable content, custom page layout, and ebooks.
- Work in conjunction with the editors to implement design needs per project based on writer's content, as well as met editorial deadlines and release goals.
- Work with CEO and senior editor as well as Web Developer Firm and SEO consultants to design, create, and modify eye-catching new templates and pages in our Drupal CMS.
- Provide guidance to our developers as they build out the site's overall user interface, hub pages, search results, forums, and user profiles.
- 2+ years creating product experiences for browser-based applications and services
- Fluency with appropriate design tools for explores, prototypes, testing, and delivering professional-level UX work
- Familiarity with web development solutions
- Outstanding portfolio of innovative UX examples demonstrating process, design variation, and real-world solutions
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for filmmaking and the creative process, along with a desire to help democratize the content creation process by making user-friendly well-designer tools readily available for all
We are looking for a part-time designer to start, with a possible opportunity to transition to full time. Commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $2,000.00 to $3,000.00 /month
- Web Design and Development: 2 years (Required)
- Layout Design: 1 year (Required)
- Drupal: 1 year (Preferred)
- Los Angeles, CA (Preferred)