Team Lead, Customer Care
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we're not salespeople. Since 2013, we've been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T"). We provide a seamless, online car buying experience from consumers from A-to-Z. From acquiring, inspecting, and certifying high quality cars, to providing 360° high-resolution photography inside and outside of the vehicle, to generating real-time financing and warranty options, to providing consumers with the option to have cares delivered to their driveway in as little as 24 hours or pick-up from one of our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machines (yes, you read that right) all with a 7-day Money Back Guarantee, we've made it our mission to redefine the car buying status quo. With no dealerships or commissioned sales people, we also save thousands of dollars per car in expenses that we pass on to our customers.
Recently named Forbes' 5th Most Promising Company in the U.S., we offer the excitement, culture and opportunity of a start-up, with the capitalization and infrastructure of a much more established business. For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5dpBRp0-_w )!
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or "bags," depending on where you're from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
We also have Wacky Pants Wednesdays…so you'll have to come correct here to compete with our CEO Ernie.
The Team Lead, Customer Care will drive individual development and team success through constructive coaching and results oriented motivation. The Team Lead will work closely with our Advocates and Managers to ensure that our Customer Care team performs to the best of their ability. We are looking for someone who is passionate about coaching, has knowledge of the Carvana customer experience process, and is willing to be "in the trenches" with their team.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE…
You must be prepared to serve as a leader to the Customer Care team and create a high performing culture through daily coaching and meaningful development opportunities. This may include:
- Leading, mentoring, and motivating the Customer Care team to perform at the highest level
- Ensuring all Advocates meet or exceed all Carvana standards
- Actively looking for ways to improve the overall customer and Advocate team experience
- Implementing policies and procedures to exceed customer advocate standards
- Maintain and produce daily, weekly and monthly reports of quality metrics and respective targets and goals
- Addressing and effectively managing complex and sensitive customer-facing issues
- Proactively communicating with leadership regarding business performance, adverse impact of decisions on the customers and potential risks to the business
- Being a continuous positive force within the office, creating strong morale and spirit throughout the Advocate team
- Other related duties as assigned.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE…
This position requires a motivating leader that is interested in Carvana's customer experience process. Required skills include:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited undergraduate institution
- 5+ years' work experience in a customer facing team environment
- 3+ years of management experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both internally and externally
- Experience working with all levels of management
- Strong ability to coach and motivate others
- Experience with strategic planning and process improvement
- Successful track record of guiding teams to exceed goals
- Strong customer relations skills
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Willingness to work on weekends
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
WE'D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD…
- In-depth understanding of Carvana's customer experience process and procedures
- Experience with SalesForce
- High influencing skills
- A team player
The Team Lead, Customer Care will report to the Manager, Customer Care and will be a salaried full-time position based at the Home Office in Phoenix. No travel is required.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN…
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screen
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.