Information Systems Security Engineer
Annapolis Junction, MD
TS/SCI with Polygraph
Information Systems Security Engineer with senior experience who can respond to a wide range of questions regarding cybersecurity analysis, vulnerabilities, and mitigations. Join a team of technical specialists assisting the customer with inquiries related to Intelligence Analysis. We’re looking for an Information Systems Security Engineer with senior experience who can respond to a wide range of questions regarding cybersecurity analysis, vulnerabilities, and mitigations. The team uses customer resources to answer questions arising from analysts that can encompass a number of disciplines, products, and standards in technology and tradecraft. If you’re into cybersecurity research and coming up with technical answers, this is the right place for you.
The successful candidate will:
Use a broad understanding of cybersecurity vulnerabilities and mitigations to research and support intelligence analysis
Write documents supporting analyses based on research
Communicate with multiple organizations to acquire information for reporting
Apply information systems security engineering knowledge
- The Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) shall perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs.
- Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements.
- Builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments.
- Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions.
- Supports the building of security architectures.
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
- Contributes to the security planning, assessments, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations.
- Reviews certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content.
- Applies system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following: system security design process, engineering life cycle, information domain, cross domain solutions, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and government off-the-shelf (GOTS) cryptography, identification, authentication and authorization, system integration, risk management, intrusion detection, contingency planning, incident handling, configuration control, change management, auditing, security testing.
- Support security authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) process, the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and prescribed NSA/CSS business processes for security engineering.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Analyzing and evaluating network diagrams.
- Identifying secure topologies with clearly indicated demarcation points for layers of encryption.
- Ensuring there exists means of auditing, intrusion prevention, backups, etc.
- Evaluating and hardening endpoint systems for a baseline of secure configurations.
- Staffing scoped evaluations to Y1D1 and Y2D1 to load firewall, router, ASA, etc. configurations into a tool that the customer provides licenses.
- Fourteen (14) years of experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of ISSE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
- DoD 8570 compliance with IASAW Level 2 is required.
- Networking Security background (ideally some hands-on experience), to include general understanding of virtual private networks (VPNs), security network communication protocols, and encryption methods.
- Experience evaluating network solutions.
- Good interpersonal skills (work with other IC organizations and have direct face-to-face engagements with Special Operations customers).
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification is required.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules). The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.