Guidewell Emergency Doctors is a one of a kind concept that is changing the way acute healthcare is delivered across the country. Like an emergency room, illnesses and injuries at Guidewell Emergency Doctors are handled by Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physicians. They also provide medical treatment for a wide range cases from the common cold through more serious conditions like stroke and heart attack. With onsite ultrasound, CT scan, IV fluids, digital x-ray and diagnostic labs, they provide comprehensive diagnostics, blood work and imaging, all under one roof.
This Medical Records and Billing Specialist position is based in our Ocoee, FL facility. You would be working on-site at our urgent care facilities with patients. We require you work Mondays and every other weekend.
- Responsible for proper processing and maintaining of all patient medical records in a timely manner.
- Responsible for collecting, posting, and managing patient payments.
- Responsible for answering questions from patients, insurance companies, and other relationships.
- Identify and solves patient billing complaints. This position does NOT include ICD10 coding.
- Identifies documentation deficiencies such as missing signatures and routes incomplete record to appropriate person for completion.
- Responsible for mastering the use of our computer systems, related software, and our practice management software.
- Mastering of all Policy & Procedure (PP) documents.
- Responsible for being accurate with the details of your job while multitasking.
- 2+ years experience with billing, health information, referrals, medical records or customer service in a healthcare facility
- Experience working a front desk / receptionist position very helpful
- NO ICD 10 ICD 9 type coding is required
- Ability to work in all clinics: Ocoee, Winter Park and Semoran Blvd. For address: www.guidewellemergency.com
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability solve problems, work with a team in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work 1 weekday (Monday) from 830am-7pm and two weekends a month (Sat and Sun 830am-4pm)
- Competitive hourly pay
- Hours are 9am-7pm weekdays; 9am-4pm weekends. We do not leave until last patient leaves, so end time can vary
- Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Days
- Day shift only