This is an onsite role in San Francisco CA; remote candidates will not be considered.
We are hiring a Senior Staff Accountant to join the team! This role requires little to no travel.
Odoo is the world's top open-source ERP SaaS software and this role is key to our future success!
The Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for managing the monthly close, monitoring general accounting practices, developing accounting controls, and creating a scalable function. This role requires excellence in many areas of accounting as you will assist with payroll administration and other areas within a corporate accounting function.
- Report directly to the Director of America and indirectly to our Group CFO based in Europe.
- Responsibilities include revenue recognition, vendor commissions, and GL.
- Prepare and distribute monthly/quarterly/annual P&L and Balance Sheets to the CFO.
- Participate in the design and implementation of company policies, including accounting processes based on best practices.
- Lead or assist with new implementations and various ad hoc accounting projects as needed.
- You will take ownership over monthly close processes including:
- Preparing financial statements of the Odoo’s US HQ branch and satellite offices
- Preparing and reviewing journal entries
- Reconciliation verifications
- Account flux analysis
- Invoice control (pricelists, products, currencies, discounts, templates, customer information, etc…)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting.
- Masters in Accounting, Finance, or an MBA with an Accounting or Finance Concentration is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of related accounting experience in a SaaS company.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to assume ownership of assigned projects and duties.
- Ability to learn fast and execute accordingly.
- Able to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Able and willing to learn an entirely new accounting software and ERP system and analyze configuration details.
- You are able to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with a hands-on attitude
- You are open-minded and can react to change with agility
- You have an intrapreneur mindset and are not afraid to take appropriate initiatives
- You are a quick and autonomous learner
- You have a passion for software
- You are approachable, honest, and a fun team player
Compensation and Perks:
- Compensation includes base salary and commission
- Benefits package: healthcare, dental, vision, life insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, and savings on additional voluntarily selected benefits
- PTO (Paid-time-off), paid sick days and paid holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits such as parking and transit
- Snacks, fruit, and coffee/drinks on tap!
- Yoga classes on-site and other activities possibly expensed if multiple employees attend, especially sports-focused activities
- Evolve in a nice working atmosphere with a passionate team!
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance