Software Developer, Junior
Are you looking for an opportunity to not just develop software, but to help build a system that will have a positive impact on the intelligence community (IC)? As a full-stack developer, you can solve a problem with a complete end-to-end solution in a fast-paced, agile environment. We’re looking for a developer with the skills needed to build enterprise applications in a Web environment from vision to production-ready system.
This role is more than just coding. We need a full-stack developer who will use their passion to learn new tools and techniques and identify needed system improvements. Using Agile life cycle development, you’ll work with the development team to build enterprise applications in a Web environment. You’ll analyze the needs and the environment to help make sure the solution the team develops considers the current architecture and operating environment, and future functionality and enhancements. Join us as we build systems to change the IC for the better.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
access to experts in virtually every field
a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
Nice If You Have:
- Experience in working with relational databases, including Oracle, MySQL, or Microsoft SQL
- Experience with the systems development life cycle
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph required
- Scheduled to obtain a BA or BS degree in 2020
- Experience with software development methodologies, including Agile and others
- Ability to translate client requirements into application designs and systems requirements
- Ability to troubleshoot application and database issues
- Ability to create software development design documentation
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent interpersonal, team leadership, development, and client relationship skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.