Reporting to the LM Training Solutions (TLS) Sub-Market Segment Program Director of F-35 Training Development and Modernization, this position will serve as the Program Manager for the Multispectral Database (MSDB) product line development efforts. The Multispectral Database product is an integral part of F-35 Pilot Training Devices. A MSDB contains multiple sensor databases (Radar, EOTS, IR, DAS) that are correlated to depict the simulated environment used to train pilots. All of the F-35 sensors have a database that is correlated with the Out the Window database to show a common view of the environment. As the product program manager, the selected candidate will be responsible for setting the product strategy, maintaining the release roadmap, and driving business growth for this product. This position is responsible for directing and managing all phases of the development lifecycle for all major database releases to deliver functionality to the diverse F-35 customer set across multiple Services and Partner nations. Responsibilities will span multiple LRIP and development contracts. The selected candidate will lead a team of over 70 engineers and developers, including subcontract labor, with a program value of approximately $50M. Additionally, this role will have contract program management responsibilities for development scope across the F-35 Training Development and Modernization sub-market segment.
The F-35 Training Product Line is critical to the long-term success of the F-35 Program. This will be a highly visible role to ensure that we deliver on our commitments to our warfighters around the world.
The position is responsible for:
> Cost, schedule and technical performance of all MSDB development activities within the F-35 Training Pilot Training Devices programs.
> Acting as the primary program interface with senior leadership within Aeronautics, JPO, and F-35 Services/Partners for database deliveries.
> Overseeing day-to-day program execution of the program and driving LRP growth through ECP follow-on work.
> Managing product level staffing demand, risks and opportunities, process improvement initiatives, and common execution metrics across all contracts.
• Technical engineering experience a plus
- Experience managing multispectral database development and production
- Program Manager level 2 certified
- Possess working knowledge of training systems or equivalent with experience managing complex enterprise-level training / IT systems
- Knowledge of F-35 Program
- Possess secret/SAR clearance with all necessary F-35 caveats
- Experience working with international and military customers
- Strong program management skills and abilities; including experience in cost, schedule, staffing, and risk management
- Excellent relationship builder with demonstrated ability to team across functions and businesses
- Strong customer relationship skills and expectation management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Program management experience for complex software development programs
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to anticipate needs and drive success
- Experience with DoD Earned Value Management System Programs
- Possess demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership qualities and behaviors
- Be willing and able to travel (both domestic and international) as required
- Possess active secret clearance with background investigation in the last 5 years with ability to obtain Secret SAR clearances
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.