Capital Health Management manages three skilled nursing and residential care communities, as well as an assisted living/memory care community in Missouri. We manage Wilshire at Lakewood Care Center-Lee's Summit, MO, Country Club Care Center-Warrensburg, MO; Crown Care Center-Harrisonville, MO; and Cross Creek-Lee's Summit, MO.
Director of Clinical Compliance & Nurse Education Summary:
Assesses and ensures that quality clinical services are provided which meet regulatory and legal requirements as well as customer expectations through clinical education, auditing processes and updating policies and procedures as necessary.
Director of Clinical Compliance & Nurse Education Pay & Perks:
- Competitive Pay Based On Experience
- Benefits including health, dental, and vision
- Company paid major holidays
- 401k with up to 6% company match
- Company paid $25,000 life insurance policy
Director of Clinical Compliance & Nurse Education Qualifications:
- Must have a current license and be in good standing as Registered Nurse in the state of Missouri.
- Bachelor's degree-Strongly Preferred
- Long Term Care experience-Strongly Preferred
- Point Click Care experience-Strongly Preferred
- Strong knowledge of Federal & State regulations for Skilled and Assisted and Memory facilities-Strongly Preferred
- Supervisory Responsibility
- This position supervises the Education Coordinator.
- Knowledge of computers, excel, outlook, phones and photocopiers/scanners required
- Must be able to travel up to 70%
- You will be traveling to all facilities on a weekly basis.
- Some travel to home office in Columbia, MO is also necessary.
Director of Clinical Compliance & Nurse Education Responsibilities:
- Performs consistent auditing, rounds and assessment of each facilities' performance Reviews each of the facilities hospital readmission rates on a monthly basis. Assessing and identifying areas of concern and working with the facilities Director of Nursing to establish a course of action to minimize the volume of hospital readmissions. Which may require working collaboratively with physicians, hospitals etc.
- Monitor/Streamline resources to keep the facilities' policies, protocols and procedures compliant with new regulations, standards of practice, laws and federal recommendations.
- Oversees the provision and tracking of the Educational programs online and those provided within each facility to ensure knowledgeable employees regarding facilities’ policies, protocols and procedures.
- Assists the facilities' nurse management team with duties as necessary. i.e. MDS's, interim DON, assists with RN call and coverage ,etc.
- Monitors the financial aspects of clinical services i.e. Medicare part A average daily reimbursement, length of stay and RUG Distribution. Managed Care's average daily reimbursement and length of stay. Staffing PPD numbers, nursing budgets and ancillary services i.e. Therapy Services, X-Ray Services, Lab Services, Durable Medical Equipment, Medical Supplies and IV Therapy/Supplies, overtime usage, etc. and provide clinical based feedback regarding potential need for changes
- Oversees the Preceptor Program for all departments and assists the Staffing Coordinators, Department Heads and the Preceptors with scheduling and presenting the training and addressing areas of concern within the facilities.
- Addresses any legal or survey compliance issues by offering recommendations, assisting with the plan of correction being drafted and executed as well as adapts any facility policies, protocols or procedures that may be required
- Monitors and evaluates the MDS Processes in each facility including transmission to CMS and the State and monthly Quality Measures and compliance.
- Attend provider meetings at hospitals or other health care providers.
- Makes recommendations on appropriate vendors to contract with such as pharmacy, DME equipment, incontinent products and others as needed.
- Works with OSHA, the Health Department, Department of Health & Senior Services, Missouri Pro, QuipMO and other associations on pilot projects and development of programs as Capital Health Management deems appropriate.
- Monitors Quality Indicators and Quality measures assessing areas for improvement and developing a plan for improvement for each facility with the assistance of the Directors of Nursing.
- Oversee, manage, develop and implement processes in Point Click Care.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you meet the above qualifications for our Director of Clinical Compliance & Nurse Education position, please apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
- Clinical Nursing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Flexible schedules
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Retirement benefits or accounts