Cytel is shaping the future of drug development. As the world's largest independent clinical biostatistics research and development organization, we help leading pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies improve clinical success rates via optimal study design, effective data management, accurate statistical analysis and software. With operations across North America, Europe, and India, we are always on the lookout for passionate and talented people who share our mission of ensuring the clinical development of safe and effective medicines.
We are looking for a Senior Solutions Consultant (Sales Engineer) who will be partnering with our software Sales team to manage all technical aspects of the sales cycle across all of our product offerings. You will be the acting expert on statistical and technical matters relating to Cytel software products, delivering amazing product demos that sell, training end-users on technical statistical methods and their application, and becoming an all-around expert in the products. You will work with business developers and product managers to deliver value to the market and to Cytel. This is a highly visible customer-facing role.
This position requires a statistics background, and ideally a Statistician or Biostatistician, who is interested in software and transitioning to a career supporting business development.
This position is remote in the U.S., with the option to work from our Waltham, MA or King of Prussia, PA office. Must be willing to travel 20-25%.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define and present focused product demonstrations that illustrate how Cytel software addresses the critical business issues that a prospect face
- Deliver strong “proof-of-concept” engagements that demonstrate business value and technical/statistical benefits as well as strong ROI
- Play a key role in uncovering new opportunities to provide additional solutions within major existing accounts
- Work with business development account managers to create sales plans and forecasts
- Work with clinical trialists and biostatisticians to assist them in exploring solutions, overcoming ease-of-use hurdles, improving clinical trial design and statistical analyses, and/or deriving more value from Cytel software and solutions
- Ensure customers are successfully integrating our products after the sale is made
- Develop training materials and deliver training workshops on Cytel products
- Do whatever else is needed to improve Cytel products, delight our customers, strengthen our organization, and help the company grow
What you offer:
- PhD in Biostatistics or related scientific field and 2+ years (or MSc and 5+ years) of experience in clinical trials
- Prior experience with technical sales or other business oriented / customer facing technical role
- Experience with life sciences industry and/or health technology products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Our collaborative working environment encourages innovation and rewards results, and we are proud to have one of the lowest turnover rates in the industry.
- In addition to a competitive compensation, we offer an excellent benefit’s package, annual bonus incentive, promote work-life balance, and the opportunity to grow with us!
- Work with respected experts and thought leaders in the fields of biostatistics and statistical programming.
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Fully Remote
- On the road