Account Manager, Brokerage (Job Number: 2304679 )
The Account Manager - Freight Brokerage is primarily responsible for maintaining a portfolio of shippers and carriers, and acting as the liaison between the customer, carrier, shipper, and receiver. The position will obtain and negotiate rates and manage the movements of goods. They will also be responsible to resolve any issues that may occur with the load.
Schedule: Monday through Friday Hybrid role.
Hours to support will be to support typical office hours 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Works closely with CSR to maintain high visibility on all shipments between PL Brokerage and the customer.
- Primary contact between for Brokerage and Sourcing to maintain and expand all capacity platforms to meet client needs.
- Responsible for initiating & documenting all “on boarding” calls between Penske & client for operational set up of new business, as well as monitoring and assuring that all agreed upon client specifications are adhered to daily.
- Responsible for reporting of “on-time” metrics and other requirements to their specific assigned client base on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Responsible for communication directly with the client on any significant delays, excursions or issues with moving freight for the client.
- Build a solid relationship with the client and continually pursue all additional avenues for freight or revenue.
- Keep the Area Freight Manager informed, as necessary.
- Sustain business performance by retaining customers to achieve set revenue goals.
- Identify, qualify, obtain and develop relationships with prospective customers or other lead generating opportunities.
- Identify services and pricing that meet customer needs to make business objectives.
- Maintain solid understanding of current market conditions and business trends to create offers that will increase company margins.
- Track and Maintain performance measures and ensure that weekly/monthly targets are met.
- Develop solid relationships with customers by providing them with excellent customer service.
- Manage account relationships as the primary point-of-contact for day-to-day needs, including ongoing communications, coordination of customers’ needs, billing, collections and other activities.
- Develop and manage a network of outside carriers to ensure adequate capacity for their assigned market.
- Negotiate with carriers to meet margin requirements and ensure maximum profitability.
- Other projects as assigned by the manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management preferred.
- Two (2) plus years of sales experience with a transaction oriented brokerage, or other related business.
- Proven track record in cold calling, sales prospecting and account management
- Customer service experience in a business-to-business environment.
- Successful track record of building relationships with stakeholders or customers that have resulted in high customer satisfaction.
- Ability to meet & exceed weekly and monthly goals.
- Knowledge of US traffic lanes.
- Knowledge of equipment (trucks, trailers, etc).
- Must be able to work with other departments to increase overall productivity for the company.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills, written/oral communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a high degree of enthusiasm, professionalism and motivation.
- Skill in the operation of MS Office software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be
able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in
Work Locations :
110 Fieldcrest Ave 110 Fieldcrest Ave
Edison, NJ 08837
Primary Location : United States-New Jersey-Edison
Job : Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PL.Account Manager
Req ID: 2304679