What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent:
it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
- Design custom CMOS circuits, translating logic description into circuit schematics by conducting feasibility studies to compare possible circuit level implementations of the logic description using the knowledge of various circuit topologies, circuit design styles and Register Transfer Level languages.
- Perform verification of transistor level circuit to ensure a match to logic description in terms of desired functionality, using knowledge of circuit and logic simulation and debugging skills
- Optimize circuit behavior to meet performance and local and global power targets, using circuit sizing skills and knowledge of sensitivities of transistor properties to changes in device dimensions.
- Provide optimized device geometries to mask designers; perform electrical verification of circuit layout to check if circuit Noise, Electro-migration of signal and power routes, IR drop in the power grid and local heating are within prescribed bounds.
- Suggest circuit modifications such as changing device dimensions, shielding the problematic area, adding new logic, applying knowledge of transistor, interconnect and power grid properties.
- Characterize circuit to provide timing under different process corners and different operating voltages and temperatures, using skills in circuit simulation tools such as HSpice, for fast analysis when integrating the circuit into a top level block.
- Analyze critical signals to ensure transmitted across different clock and voltage domains correctly, applying knowledge of Synchronizers and usage of Level shifter circuits.
Desirable candidates are working towards an MS degree in Electrical Engineering. Fundamental knowledge of logic, circuit design, CMOS transistor design, and some experience with CAD tools for high-performance design is expected. Seeking highly self-motivated individuals that thrive on challenging problems.
United States State: Texas City: Austin
Student/ Intern/ Temp
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.