Working as part of the US Software Asset Management Services team the, Software Asset Management Consultant will work to deliver consulting services to SoftwareONE customers regarding Software Asset Management maturity. The role will be responsible for not only assisting in identifying the appropriate consulting services to be performed but also to deliver the service to the customer. The SAM Consultant will work on several consulting engagements while delivering current state, risks and recommendations to customers based on interviews and data gathering with the customer.
The SAM Consultant will be expected to work with customers to identify and assist in understanding and controlling their software licensing costs, avoiding legal pitfalls related to licensing by leveraging industry best practices and creating, supporting, and implementing SAM Roadmaps.
- Utilizing industry knowledge of software policies, procedures and compliance to help bring customers improve their SAM Maturity.
- Assist with determining best solutions to help and mature the customer’s SAM Program.
- Deliver SAM recommendations based on IT Management and Business methods such as ITIL, BiSL, COBIT, etc.
- Assisting with the development and delivery of new products and services.
- Ensure that projects are delivered successfully with a high level of customer satisfaction – on time, on budget, to the agreed scope and with the appropriate documentation.
- Demonstrating and encouraging high quality communication skills to maintain customer satisfaction even in difficult circumstances.
- Designing SAM Business Models and Practices with processes, procedures, roles and responsibilities.
- Executing SAM projects, rollout and transfer of a running system to the customer
- Design and transition customized customer policies for operating a SAM Practice.
- Supporting in consultative tasks in managed SAM services.
- Audit support and defence of customers independent from publishers
- US and Global Software Asset Management Services Lead
- SAM Architect (global)
- SAM Best Practice Manager (global)
- Service Delivery Managers (other verticals)
- Country Service Leads
- SAM Country Leads
- SAM Community
- SAM Teams in the GSDC
- Required - Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (economy or IT).
- Strong ability to listen to customers, probing for business process pains and opportunities, in an effort to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Excellent consultancy skills, including advising and negotiating skills.
- Experience and desire to work in a consulting environment.
- Desirable knowledge of and experience with the application of IT management and business methods/techniques such as ITIL, ASL, BiSL, COBIT, ISPL, ISO20000.
- Software Asset Management or licensing certifications such as IAITAM CSAM or MCP 70-672 are a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with Software Asset management discovery and comparison tools and experience implementing and using.
- A demonstrable knowledge of Software Asset Management (SAM) Licensing and process solutions working with Tier 1 vendors i.e. IBM, Oracle, SAP etc.
- Experience with all computing platforms, i.e. desktop, server, and mainframe
- Experience developing and documenting business processes.
- Solid understanding of software asset management tools and technologies.
- Vendor evaluation and vendor management experience.
- Experience working with remote teams & resources.
- Skills in Business Process innovation and optimization required and knowledge of methodologies such as Six Sigma would be beneficial.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated and results oriented.
- Uncompromising on quality and strong focus on costs and profitability.
- Proactive, dynamic and used to work unsupervised in global environment
- A strong perspective on fundamental changes to the business, trends to consider and opportunities from new technologies, that effect customers and SoftwareONE itself, will be important.
- Experience of working in a dynamic environment, balancing challenging workloads and deadlines with attention to deliverables.
- Ability to develop, document and communicate project time lines, processes, organize tasks, plan effectively and manage resources over multiple countries. Effective establishment of priorities and realistic goal-setting.
- Less than 10% travel.