Create and manage a library of template text including operational strategy and key win themes. Develop customized proposal text for large, complex or high priority opportunities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Designs optimal text library layout and creates template text to populate this library. Text will include, but not be limited to, therapeutic area overviews, indication specific information, strategic content to support key win themes and areas of differentiation for Clinipace.
- Develops system to keep text library updated and accurate, including reviewing proposals as they are released and saving high quality content for future use.
- Provides input to the Clinipace proposals style guide.
- Work with various internal stakeholders (Business Development, Clinical Development, Operations, Finance, etc.) to create strategic proposals that clearly show why we are the optimal partner for our clients.
- Conduct outside research as needed to ensure we are creating text and documentation that clearly communicates to our clients why Clinipace is the right partner for them, how we will make them successful, as well as clearly detailing our operational strategy.
- Manage the RFP/RFI text process, within the timelines given, to exceed customer expectations and facilitate an efficient, high quality, and timely submission.
- Supports Business Development, Proposals, Operations, and others with strategic communication. This could include, but is not limited to, bid defense presentations, capabilities presentations, and proactive information for clients.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and management
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- College graduate, preferably with a Life Science, Communications, Marketing, Business Administration or related degree
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in CRO or Pharmaceutical industries, preferably in Proposals, Business Development or a related area where job responsibilities included writing and editing
- Prefer experience with strategic writing and editing within the CRO or Pharmaceutical industries
- “Self-Starter”: Works with minimal supervision. Proactively identifies and communicates issues that require management approval or discussion.
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Communicates clearly, effectively and timely and is able to consistently choose the appropriate level, frequency and method of communication. Effectively communicates complex information throughout the organization, proactively and continuously. Demonstrates effective public speaking skills and is able to engage others in a presentation.
- Team Oriented: Works effectively with all co-workers, customers, and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listens to and objectively considers ideas and suggestions from others.
- Excellent Organization/Time Management: Makes aggressive commitments, keeps commitments, and is willing to be judged against them; Keeps others informed of work progress, timetables and issues. Demonstrates consistent ability to successfully prioritize work and meet deadlines. Keeps complete and accurate budget and project analysis records in compliance with company SOPs and processes. Works well under strict deadlines and has the ability to balance diversity in workload and prioritization of assignments.
- Process Oriented: Continuously identifies new ways to improve quality and efficiencies while increasing profitability.
- Flexible, Change Agent: Can adjust to constantly changing deadlines and priorities. Has ability to be flexible when change occurs. Able to anticipate and bring about change when needed. Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately.
- Must have ability to multi- task and prioritize workload, be proactive and forward thinking, and be comfortable challenging operational leadership input.
- Excellent Technology Skills: Advanced proficiency in Microsoft® Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Proof-reading Skills: Proactively checks work and easily identifies and corrects errors. Consistently provides thorough and detailed review and feedback.
- Able to work at a computer for more than 6 hours in the day.
Job Type: Full-time
- CRO: 4 years (Required)
- Proposal Writing: 4 years (Required)