Assistant Head Groundskeeper, AT&T Park
Director of Field Operations
Full Time / Exempt
The Manager of Field Operations will assist the Director of Field Operations in the management, planning, and implementation of the agronomic program for AT&T Park. This role will oversee the daily maintenance of the playing surface and ensure it is up to MLB standards. This role will help schedule, train, and develop all part-time groundskeepers and will play a key role in the planning and execution of all on-field events, including batting practices, company outings, and concerts.
Turf, Infield, and Clay Surfaces Management
- Manage the Mowing, Irrigation, Integrated Pest Management, Cultivation, fertility application on grounds.
- Maintaining infield surface at MLB requirements as well as correct texture and moisture levels.
- Ensuring Plate and Mounds are in playing condition and have proper moisture.
- Ensure safe use of all equipment as well as handling maintenance requests and conduct preventative maintenance of equipment.
Administration & Management
- Assign, train, and maintain work standard and follow up on tasks given to pool of 60 part-time employees.
- Schedule and process semi-monthly payroll through TMSS Mastermind system for hourly groundskeepers.
- Budget and purchase supplies, as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Liaison between organization and Ballpark Operations in regards to all non-baseball events on the field, floor plans, client and vendor field needs, load in and breakdown of events on the field.
- Reserve, technology WeatherSentry, SubAir, Toro Eagle Online Irrigation Schedule.
- Set grades and elevation using Leica instruments, ISS, TMSS.
- Oversee the maintenance of the AT&T Park's outside landscape and McCovey Cove.
- Maintain SDS sheets and fertilizer application records on a weekly and monthly basis.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- 2 or 4 year Degree in Turf Management required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in maintaining a professional level baseball facility (Collegiate or Pro).
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing a staff of part-time employees.
- California Pesticide Applicator's License is a plus.
- California Forklift Certification is a plus.
- Current/Valid Driver's License with a positive DMV report.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) is a plus.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends. More than 40 hours per week often required.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs. and stand for long periods of time.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and consider applicants for all positions regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition or disability, genetic condition, marital status, domestic partnership status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status and any other protected class under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.