Administrative Assistant II
We are pleased to recruit for a company whose corporate purpose is to create chemistry for a sustainable future and has been doing so for 150 years. Their portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. Their products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. Our client is expanding and seeking an Administrative Assistantin Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
- Provides front-desk coverage and serves as the first point of contact for all visitors, contractors and other external callers.
- Provides daily administrative support/functions, including but not limited to managing phone calls, managing visitor traffic, new hire onboarding support, procurement of goods and services, submitting purchase requisitions, processing invoices, tracking purchase orders, ordering supplies, sorting mail, scheduling meetings, managing conference room schedules, shipping/receiving support, access control, processing work requests and generating work orders.
- Assists departmental staff with scheduling third-party services, verifying work order service tickets, and confirming invoice accuracy before approval.
- Supports department meetings and event functions by reserving and preparing meeting rooms.
- Works with vendors and other third-party service providers to verify completion of site safety requirements and coordinate appropriate access.
- Creates security access badges and issues parking permits.
- Multi-tasks and responds to evolving priorities relating to site safety and security
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Follows site safety rules and promotes their observance in performance of job duties.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of administrative and/or procurement experience.
- Must have excellent communication (written and verbal) and customer service skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to read and interpret company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Working knowledge of corporate spending reports.
- Front desk receptionist experience.
- Proficiency in SAP platforms (procurement and maintenance functions) and Lotus Notes.
- Strong data analysis.
- Shipping & Receiving and/or mailroom experience.
- Experience with managing building access control systems.
- Vendor management experience.
- Experience working in a 5S and safety-conscious environment.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field.
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina (27709)
Pay Rate: $19.00/hr.
Work Schedule: Mon- Fri 8:00am- 5:00pm
Length of Assignment: Contract (12 months)
S&S is a scientific staffing firm specializing in technical personnel placement within a chemical plant environment. If you are an entry level candidate, a recent graduate, or an experienced individual within your industry, we have an opportunity to fit your needs. We offer temporary, temp to hire, and permanent positions. Please contact us today, visit www.sslabcareers.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Procurement: 1 year (Required)
- Shipping & Receiving and/or mailroom: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative Assistant: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook: 1 year (Required)
- SAP platforms: 1 year (Preferred)