**Must be able to pass extensive criminal background check and drug screen**
The Network Engineer is a member of a network operations team supporting multiple enterprise data centers for a large public sector client. The engineer’s primary responsibility is the ongoing management and administration of the network environment. The team’s primary responsibility is the management of a primarily Cisco network infrastructure.
- Functions as technical lead on complex network troubleshooting issues.
- Administer and maintain high availability for an enterprise datacenter network in support of client SLAs
- Development of configurations for Cisco switches and routers; series such as 6500, 3800, 2800, etc.
- Familiarity with Cisco Virtual Switching System (VSS) preferred.
- Management of Juniper (SRX) firewalls.
- Administer F5 Load-Balancing modules for application delivery.
- Familiar with EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VLANs, Wireless LANs and VPN appliances.
- Assesses current and proposed network designs and proactively makes recommendations based on customer requirements.
- Assesses team’s process for delivery and makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in solution architecture meetings and design meetings
- Provide Technical Peer review with Design Engineers.
- Must pass an extensive background check.
- 5+ years of experience as a Network Engineer with emphasis on data center routing, switching, and network security standards/best practices, design, and implementation
- Knowledge and hands-on experience operating and developing configurations for network equipment such as: firewalls, load balancers, routers and switches, in a high availability, high capacity environment.
- Cisco certifications highly desired (CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, etc)
- Proven operational experience with high availability networks.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written to clearly communicate with clients and team members, is a must.
- ITIL v3, Foundations, desired.
- Have ability to participate in an on-call rotation.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Network Engineer: 5 years (Required)
- Load Balancing: 5 years (Preferred)