Raytheon Company is looking to fill an Information Review and Release Analyst, 24-32 hours flexible work schedule, located in the Herndon, VA area, in support of a dynamic fast paced business office on the KODIAK Program. This position require for the individual to oversee process of the declassification of documents related to litigation cases, such as civil or criminal cases. Must be detail oriented to record the chronological order of events from beginning to end process. These cases are sensitive in nature and must be handle with strict confident. The criteria of Executive Order (EO) 13526, or as amended, the Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act laws. Organize documents in preparation for legal counsel to review must be properly recorded with accuracy. Act as a liaison for Other Government Agency (OGA) involved in the process. Conduct desktop research analyze results to determine the relevance of a new search or whether the requested records have been previously declassified and/or released. The individual will provide the rationale for redaction actions on the electronic version of the documents using codes provided in the Sponsor’s declassification guidance; provide recommendations regarding the release of the documents for Sponsor approval; and record decisions in the Sponsor’s automated systems. The individual will determine if a record contains Other Government Agency (OGA) equities and requires external referral or if the record requires non-routine handling. In addition, managing the referral process. Organize documents in in preparation for declassification review and correctly assign these items to the proper equity holder. Research previous declassification/release decisions as necessary to ensure accuracy and consistency and provide feedback to the Sponsor.
Must have TS/SCI security clearance with Full Scope Poly (must be crossover eligible)
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Must have excellent communications and interpersonal skills, as well as experience working in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), Privacy Act (PA), and Executive Order Mandatory Declassification Review (EOMDR) programs and Executive Order (EO) 13526 directive; strong knowledge of the intelligence community with analytical skills background.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, such as in the area of police enforcement, security or court systems.
- Strong work ethic
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Strong proficiency in on-line tools such as Word, Excel, and Access, and other required systems to be able to perform the requirements.
- Strong multitasking ability, adaptable, and flexible skills.
- Knowledge of sponsor culture and requirements.
- A bachelor degree and/or paralegal background. A 6-11 years of experience specific to the skills must be reflected
- Candidate resumes must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position mentioned above and with the Sponsor.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.